ISY994i firmware upgrade failed & restore failed

I've been run 4.5.4 for quite some time.  There have been some oddities lately (error light after power outage - cleared error after power cycle, a program seemed to be removed - maybe my fault late at night messy around) so I decided to upgrade to 4.7.3.  Sad for me...  The upgrade seemed to go fine (automatic downloaded and rebooted) but I couldn't access the anything anymore.  Yes, I cleared the java cache and am running the latest java version.  I also updated my ISY launcher.  The odd part is that the ISY had the RX/TX lights solid on.  I unplugged the ethernet cable and it didn't give the flashing light error.  Thinking the firmware upgrade failed, I restored the ISY to the manufacturing settings.  After the reset I can see the admin console, but when trying to restore from backup, I get "Could Not Clear Configuration in ISY", "Could not remove directory [ROOT.DBU]", and "Could not remove directory [/CONF]".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

When I hit the issue, I was updating from 4.5.4 to 4.7.3.  After the reset to manufacturing defaults, the ISY booted with 4.7.3 and I was able to view the ISY through the admin console so all seemed okay.  Unfortunately the restore did not work so I then back revisioned to 4.5.4 to match my backup version and the restore was still unsuccessfully.  I continue to get the same "Could Not Clear Configuration in ISY", "Could not remove directory [ROOT.DBU]", and "Could not remove directory [/CONF]" issue.

I forgot to mention this earlier.  Before I did the upgrade, my ISY internet access had magically been disabled.  Although my router could see the connection to the ISY, the ISY continued to fail enabling internet access.  Yes, I probably should have figured this out first, but I haven't changed anything for months.

8 hours ago, timster said:

I forgot to mention this earlier.  Before I did the upgrade, my ISY internet access had magically been disabled.  Although my router could see the connection to the ISY, the ISY continued to fail enabling internet access.  Yes, I probably should have figured this out first, but I haven't changed anything for months.

If you are referring to the “Enable Internet access” checkbox in the configuration menu, THIS ONLY APPLIES IF YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO ENABLE UPnP WITHIN YOUR ROUTER. This applies only to (potentially) allow access to the ISY from outside your network. This does not mean that your ISY does not have internet access!

UPnP is a significant security risk because it not only allows the ISY to open a port in your router but also any other software as well including malicious software. 

@dbuss, Thanks for the idea.  I reseated the SD card with no luck, however it led me to investigate SD card issues.  After a telnet into the ISY and a reformat of the SD card, the restore was applied correctly.  Yeah!!!  My ISY is back in action.

Thanks to all who responded.

Archived