All Programs Perpetually Hang

Hope you all are well.

I have an interesting issue with my ISY of which I've had for a little over 6 years and has been working perfectly until today.

Long story short, as each program gets triggered it just sits in either the "Running 'Then'" or "Running 'IF'" state and actually doesn't perform any of the logic in the program body and remains in this state seemingly infinitely. After enough time, enough jobs are in this state and I can't even connect to the admin GUI and have to power off/on the ISY. Then I can connect to the admin GUI and the cycle repeats. No Programs actually run anymore, whether triggered by if statement or manually through GUI.

First thought my good ole buddy is dying on me so I got a new one coming tomorrow and I was able to get a back up of the old one even though the programs won't run.

Anyone seen this behavior before?

Thanks and have a wonderful evening.

How old is the PLM and is it a 2412S or 2413S?

The 2413S has a reputation of failing after two years and a few months old.

In the Tools Diagnostics.

Show PLM Info/Status. What does it show? Same for the  the Show PLM Link Table.

I personally would say the PLM is a better candidate to fail over the ISY994i.

To me, a possible cause of all your programs entering a Run Then or Run Else state and not finishing would be that something else is eating up all the CPU time and not allowing them to run.  If that were the case, it might also prevent communication with the PLM.  Have you tried starting the Event Viewer and setting it to level 3 to see if there is any communication going on?  With the Event Viewer open, when you run the Show PLM Links you should see a bunch of GET-NEXT-LINK-RSP and LNK-DATA records.

Have you changed anything recently?  Maybe you have rogue program that is looping?  Perhaps you could try disabling all of your programs and then just enable one to see if it runs correctly.

Edit to add SD card comment:  I think when other people have had similar problems, a corrupt SD card has been suggested as a possible culprit.  You might try powering down the ISY and reseating the SD card.

The event viewer hangs as well, no events. One other note is I have Nagios monitoring the Rest API on the ISY and it's been up and down during this same period when normally it's pretty much always up. 

I'm always changing things but nothing "new" just more of the same. :-)

My new PLM and ISY will be here anytime, my plan is to switch out the PLM first and see how that goes then restore to the new ISY. 

Thanks for the feedback!

36 minutes ago, Automate the World said:

The event viewer hangs as well, no events. One other note is I have Nagios monitoring the Rest API on the ISY and it's been up and down during this same period when normally it's pretty much always up. 

I'm always changing things but nothing "new" just more of the same. :-)

My new PLM and ISY will be here anytime, my plan is to switch out the PLM first and see how that goes then restore to the new ISY. 

Thanks for the feedback!

You may just need a new SD card. Get hold of UDI support.

Archived