Preventing unwanted programming triggering

LarryM

I have the below 'GarageEntryTrigger' and 'GarageEntryMotion' programs. 
I run 'GarageEntryTrigger' (blue) when my motion sensor detects movement 'GarageEntryMotion (red).
Most of the time, the desired 100% and 50% scenes run as I want.

Unwanted programming triggering:
However, without motion being detected, at 9AM the (Then) GarageManDoor100% runs and at 7PM the (Else) GarageManDoor50% runs.

This is not a major problem, but I was wondering what I can change so the non motion triggering events do not run?

I was thinking maybe the program Enable/Disable feature on the 'GarageEntryTrigger' could do this.

GarageEntryTrigger - [ID 0007][Parent 0008]

If
        From     9:00:00AM
        To       7:00:00PM (same day)

Then
        Set Scene 'Scenes / GarageManDoorScenes / GarageManDoor100%' On
        Wait  6 minutes 
        Set 'SwitchDimmers / GarageEntryLight' Off

Else
        Set Scene 'Scenes / GarageManDoorScenes / GarageManDoor50%' On
        Wait  6 minutes 

GarageEntryMotion - [ID 0006][Parent 0008]

If
        Control 'MS / GarageManDoor' is switched On

Then
        Run Program 'GarageEntryTrigger' (If)

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

When the motion sensor detects motion it sends an ON to the ISY controller.
After sending an ON, the motion sensor delays 30 seconds, then it sends an OFF.
This sequence of: send ON, wait a timeout period, send an OFF is to keep the battery from being discharged with constant transmissions. 
This timeout period can be adjusted from 30 seconds to 128 minutes, factory setting is 30 seconds (.5 minutes).

Larry,

I would disable your blue program GarageEntryTrigger - [ID 0007][Parent 0008] .  That will prevent it from running on its own, but will respond when called from GarageEntryMotion - [ID 0006][Parent 0008]

Right-click on the program name in the list in the admin console, and pick Disable

Paul

@paulbates Thank you for your response.

One last question, if the ISY goes through a power fail recovery or a re-reboot, how can I make make sure the GarageEntryTrigger - [ID 0007][Parent 0008] program starts off in the disabled i.e. [Not Enabled] state?

Seems to work:

GarageEntryTrigger - [ID 0007][Parent 0008][Not Enabled]

If
        From     9:00:00AM
        To       7:00:00PM (same day)

Then
        Set Scene 'Scenes / GarageManDoorScenes / GarageManDoor100%' On
        Wait  6 minutes 
        Disable Program 'GarageEntryTrigger'

Else
        Set Scene 'Scenes / GarageManDoorScenes / GarageManDoor50%' On
        Wait  6 minutes 

This program is normally disabled.
When the motion sensor detects motion, program 'GarageEnryMotion' enables then runs this program.
After 6 minutes either the 'Then' or 'Else' section once again disables this program.

GarageEntryMotion - [ID 0006][Parent 0008]

If
        Control 'MS / GarageManDoor' is switched On

Then
        Enable Program 'GarageEntryTrigger'
        Run Program 'GarageEntryTrigger' (If)

Else

When the motion sensor detects motion it sends an ON to the ISY controller.
After sending an ON, the motion sensor delays 30 seconds, then it sends an OFF.
This sequence of: send ON, wait a timout period, send an OFF is to keep the battery from being discharged with constant transmissions. 
This timeout period can be adjusted from 30 seconds to 128 minutes, factory setting is 30 seconds (.5 minutes).

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, LarryM said:

@paulbates Thank you for your response.

One last question, if the ISY goes through a power fail recovery or a re-reboot, how can I make make sure the GarageEntryTrigger - [ID 0007][Parent 0008] program starts off in the disabled i.e. [Not Enabled] state?

Once you set it to disabled, the ISY saves it like any other setting and it will remain that way.

The only caveat I've heard of is when some people upgrade from v4 to the V5 family of ISY firmware, the upgrade process doesn't remember and they have to be set back, one time.

Paul

Thanks again @paulbates

As a new user with this stuff, I have been having fun.
I read something a while back about running a program at reboot time only, I cannot seem to find it again.
Was thinking this would be a good feature to use so I can reboot to to a known state.

Would you have a suggestion about the run at reboot time?

Found something, I believe this would be a valid way to initialize things at Startup/Reboot time.

AtStartupTime - [ID 0004][Parent 0001]

If
        Program 'AtStartupTime' is True

Then
        Set 'Outlets / PatioOutlets / FountainOnOffTop' Off

Else

Anything that needs to be initialized at power-up can be placed in this program.
Examples: Disable some programs, turn off the water fountain etc.

18 minutes ago, LarryM said:

Thanks again @paulbates

As a new user with this stuff, I have been having fun.
I read something a while back about running a program at reboot time only, I cannot seem to find it again.
Was thinking this would be a good feature to use so I can reboot to to a known state.

Would you have a suggestion about the run at reboot time?

Look in the program summary tab. You should find a column titled  "Enable at startup". If you click on any of these headers the "spreadsheet" will be sorted by this field and you can find all the programs involved at the top or bottom, depending on last click selection.

Now you can r.click on any program and enable this for that program.
Note: If there is a condition in the "If" section of the program it will run whichever claus (2 more months :))  depending the outcome of the If section logic.
Many of us have created one  common "Run at Startup" program that dispatches to all the other little nuance programs that initialise all the hardware monitoring programs, etc.

I have requested the ability to "Enable at Startup (if/Then/Else) from UDI and it may be installed in a new ISY version someday. We have also requested this be more visible on the programming pages along with an indicator.

23 minutes ago, larryllix said:

Many of us have created one  common "Run at Startup" program that dispatches to all the other little nuance programs that initialise all the hardware monitoring programs, etc.

@larryllix   thank you for this.

Excellent idea.

I have requested the ability to "Enable at Startup (if/Then/Else) from UDI and it may be installed in a new ISY version someday. We have also requested this be more visible on the programming pages along with an indicator.

Now in  the program I posted prior to your post, I am confused what this would do:
If

Then
etc.

(2 more months :)  But time is going by too fast ! !

2018-10-21_13-42-47.jpg

12 minutes ago, LarryM said:

@larryllix   thank you for this.

Excellent idea.

Now in  the program I posted prior to your post, I am confused what this would do:
If

Then

(2 more months :)  But time is going by too fast ! !

Only since you have such a great and powerful name... and nationality like the majority of us here. :)

We don't know what the program "AtStartupTime" contains in it but as a guess (It is enabled to run at startup)
  Depending on the result of the If section logic in that program the above program may run Then or Else. The program status (true/False) is dependent on what logically conclusion was determined in it's last run. ISY remembers that.

It is a bit of a cloaked method to determine whether the 'AtStartupTime' program has ever run but not to determine if it is currently running so I avoid using the program testing logic and use variables for my program logic. It is more easily understood and less obscure to find later.

hmmmmm... 'garage entry'?    are you having troubles with the reverse status of an IOLink monitoring your garage door?

19 minutes ago, larryllix said:

hmmmmm... 'garage entry'?    are you having troubles with the reverse status of an IOLink monitoring your garage door?

Not after you mentioned the factory reset ;)                                    That's an ugly emoticon.

AtStartupTime - [ID 0004][Parent 0001][Not Enabled][Run At Startup]

If
   - No Conditions - (To add one, press 'Schedule' or 'Condition')

Then
        Disable Program 'AtStartupTime'

Else

Anything that needs to be initialized at power-up can be placed in this program.
Examples: Disable some programs, turn off the water fountain etc.

2018-10-21_14-06-28.jpg

54 minutes ago, LarryM said:

Re: AtStartupTime - [ID 0004][Parent 0001][Not Enabled][Run At Startup]

For those following, I just tested the program in the last post, it does work. Q.E.D.

I was thinking opposite that it would not run but.....

"Not Enabled" only affect the trigger elements in the "If" section, and since there are no lines of code (at all) in the "If"......

....thus you have it and you have proven it again.  You're good! It must be the name! :)

Side Note: About ten years ago I built a new house and moved to a small town area where much to my dismay it seems about a third of the males are named "Larry". Geeesh!

True story...
Just this morning, on our  usual Sunday morning breakfast in one of the local watering holes, we take my next door neighbour with us for breakfast. (His name is "Larry", also). While having breakfast, who shows up but the local small time, fresh egg dealer, along with his helper. (His name is "Larry", also). Next my neighbour claims Larry is his cousin, and introduces him as well, to his helper named....... "Larry"!
Here we are in one restaurant, with a total of 7 people (not counting cook and waitress) , including the  vendor and helper, and four of us are named...Larry!    I didn't have the nerve to ask the stranger at another table. :)

Yes, Larry was a very popular name a few ;) years ago ? .

I worked with a Larry once, he called me Lawrence I called him Larry2.

B76CAA16-B3E7-4FA4-9A8A-948D342CC835.png

I think Larry means, very good looking and very smart . . . 

Well, at least I still can recognize my name.

Archived