Honeywell Vista 20P Alarm System

bdw72

I have a Honeywell Vista 20P alarm system with no IP connectivity.  I would like to add a network connection to this alarm system and still have the monitoring go through the phone line and use the network to control my alarm system via my phone and possibly the ISY.  Is there anyone out there that has experience with this?  My alarm guy is telling my I have to upgrade my panel and get a subscription for the app and it will cause my monitoring price to go up $10/month.  ELK M1 Gold is would be great except that all the devices are wireless in this house and the cost would be huge.  I appreciate your feedback.

Brian

3 hours ago, bdw72 said:

I looked at it, just concerned that my monitoring communications will have to flow through that and not my phone line, hence the question above.

The envisalink basically looks like another keypad to the panel and shouldn't affect the dialer.  I had monitoring for a period of time along with the envisalink but dropped monitoring because basically I became the monitor. 

On 12/5/2018 at 2:11 PM, bdw72 said:

Is there an app for it?  How do I monitor it?  Nodeserver?

Eyezon has a web app and i see there's one for the iPhone as well although i've never used it.  Eyezon will do the monitoring for you as well.  I built my own alarm server that interfaces with my isy but the Eyezon web app is handy too...

I ordered the envisalink, waiting for it to be delivered, then I will play around and see what i can do with it.  I am sure I will have more questions once i get to testing it.  Thanks for your input, it's much appreciated.

Brian

On 12/5/2018 at 3:23 PM, io_guy said:

Nodeserver.  NodeLink does it, not sure if polyglot has a node for it.  

Can nodelink control the pgm outputs on a DSC system via the envisalink?  It is listed in the installation manual that you can control the pgm output using the DLS software, and I understand that the DLS software can use the envisalink as its connection interface, so I know there is a pathway, I'm just wondering if nodelink has the ability to utilize that pathway.  

The deal here is that I am using the pgm output to turn my office main water supply off when armed away.  However, I would like to have more customized control of it. 

3 hours ago, io_guy said:

Looked into it the other day, doesn't appear to be a method exposed to the API. 

OK.  I might use one of my idle CAI boards to control it then.  I assume that nodelink/invisalink can trigger an ISY program based on alarm status which can then control the cai webcontrol.  My plan is to wait 30 minutes after arming to turn off water.  I also plan on putting in some water sensors to turn it off immediately.  We have laundry facilities at my office and the staff like to turn it on just before leaving which of course doesn't work if the water shuts off.

EDIT:  I could also just skip envisalink altogether and use a CAI board.  The pgm output could go to a CAI input and trigger a program within CAI to wait 30 minutes and the turn the valve off.  And I could wire water detectors directly into CAI also for instant off.

45 minutes ago, io_guy said:

You could.  I find the DSC inputs (doors and motion) very useful for other automation in my house too though.  

For example:  DSC armed -> Envisalink -> Alarm Server -> ISY variable -> ISY Portal -> Alexa Notification "Alarm armed"

1 hour ago, io_guy said:

You could.  I find the DSC inputs (doors and motion) very useful for other automation in my house too though.  

Yeah, but this is my office.  I have Elk at home and I do integrate it heavily into all of that, but it is using the ISY Elk module.  I just don't have much use for all that stuff at the office.  If I were doing it all again, I might choose DSC at home with all of the integration that (thanks largely to you) it has now and at quite the lower price point.

Archived