ISY integration with Ring Security

• 2 months later...

Greetings

In the past I have been able to successfully bring my Ring devices into ISY. I've recently added a new cam but have been unsuccessful at having ISY find it.

Wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions?

Thanks kindly

45 minutes ago, PB11 said:

In the past I have been able to successfully bring my Ring devices into ISY. I've recently added a new cam but have been unsuccessful at having ISY find it.

Wondering if anyone can offer any suggestions?

Are you trying to set them up using the Ring Nodeserver? It appears that the Ring Nodeserver is only available on polyglot cloud. It seems to have been updated within the last month to add some flood light support. 

Perhaps if you offer more details as to your situation you'll get a better reply to specifically address your situation. 

What kind of camera are you trying to add? What have you attempted to get cameras in this time? 

Also, by checking PGC store this is a node that @bmercier created so perhaps tagging him will get his attention and possibly get you some assistance. 

• Like 1

@Geddy Thanks for the tips. I was pretty vague.

I'm running Ring on the Cloud. It was working well with 5 other floods, up until I recently uninstalled the nodeserver attempting to find a new flood that wasn't being detected with "discover devices".

It now seems very slow (8-10 seconds) when turning on/off the Ring Floods as either an independent node or within the scene. 

I also can't really remember what the discovered node page looked like prior to the uninstall, but it now looks different without a status.

image.thumb.png.7eefd56924e8e3de8d81b156cac0d1c8.png