Deactivate motion sensor

dhuth

I have a motion sensor that turns on my backyard spots for 5 minutes and then if no motion is detected, they turn off. Now that summer is here, the kids play in the backyard. How can I can I keep the lights on and over ride the motion sensor program while the kids are playing in the backyard out of range of the motion sensor?

Hello dhuth,

That would require a program. The main question is whether or not you have linked your MS in a scene. If not, then all you need is a button that overrides the motion sensor. I would use a folder condition such as:

If
   Status my-sensor-override-button is NOT on

Then

With kind regards,

I have a motion sensor that turns on my backyard spots for 5 minutes and then if no motion is detected, they turn off. Now that summer is here, the kids play in the backyard. How can I can I keep the lights on and over ride the motion sensor program while the kids are playing in the backyard out of range of the motion sensor?

Here is a way that I overcome this problem. First of all, this will only work if you have a dummy switch and a scene to control the lights.

I trigger the motion sensor to turn on/off the back porch lights with the condition that the dummy switch being off. If the dummy switch is on, the motion sensor will neither turn on the lights or turn them off.

The motion sensor doesn't control the scene, it only controls the individual devices. That way, if you turn on the lights via the switch, the dummy switch is turned on and the motion sensor has no effect. In order for this to work properly, with one switch being a responder, you have to write a program so that a double tap of the responder switch will activate the scene and control the dummy switch.

Does this make sense?