I'm new to the ISY so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a compatibility issue. I have some Zooz switches and the plan is to replace most of the switches in my home with them unless I find the need to use a different brand that is more reliable and compatible.  Is there a place that I can find out what is compatible with the ISY or a way to test it? It took some time but I was finally able to get my ISY device to see the first two devices I added so I could start playing with the system. The plan is to have some lights turn on at a pre determined times and remain on until a set time and I have a room I would like to have a motions sensor in and have that activate the Zooz light switch for a set amount of time between certain hours.  I kind of wish there was more YouTube videos on how to use and configure or a tech support number. I get the impression it's just a learning curve and once I'm know what I'm doing I will be fine

Welcome to the ISY forum. There is no set list but if you are using the 5.0 beta most devices are supported.  If your switches added and you can control them then they work. From my experience named switches work with the ISY. No name switches may or may not work but that all depends on how they implement zwave. Zwave is a mesh network so it does matter where and how many devices you incorporate into your system (this applies to all automation systems). You may be having issues simply due to range and coverage. 

With that said, I would recommend added devices prior to installation that way you have less troubleshooting and things move smoother. Once your installation is complete, run a network heal to ensure all devices talk to one another properly. If you simply proceed with the installation, start with the device closest to the ISY and move forward from there.

There is a learning curve with the ISY. Unfortunately there are so many variables to programming, it's really impossible to make exact videos. Besides the different ways, you have different supported device types which have their own nuances. However that's what we're here for. You'll find the collection of users here are a great resource and customer support from UDI is second to none. To be honest, they have a customer for life with me due to how they operate. If they sell it I'll buy it. Get your devices added and installed. Play around with things and when issues arise, feel free to ask questions as they come up

[mention=5480]dbuss[/mention] I have tried the writing a program but it did not work I will play around with it again tomorrow to see if I can get it to work. 
Post your program here and describe what you are trying to accomplish.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

@lilyoyo1 The first switch was added and I'm able to turn it off an on from my computer and was able to integrate Alexa for voice control. I'm using the beta version but have notice in the admin console there is an exclamation mark next to the switch at times and sometimes it will give a communication error but it does respond. I have also found that I use my computer to turn it off and on it will go back and forth a few times the error. I figured I'd try deleting and re add the switch  to see if that works 

[mention=4175]lilyoyo1[/mention] The first switch was added and I'm able to turn it off an on from my computer and was able to integrate Alexa for voice control. I'm using the beta version but have notice in the admin console there is an exclamation mark next to the switch at times and sometimes it will give a communication error but it does respond. I have also found that I use my computer to turn it off and on it will go back and forth a few times the error. I figured I'd try deleting and re add the switch  to see if that works 
Most likely, your mesh network isn't solid enough yet to provide solid communications between your devices. Adding more devices will strengthen your mesh, thus providing more reliable communications between devices.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Archived