New Controller Question

rlanza1054

Hi, 

I read in a post somewhere here today that somebody was asking for help because he just purchased a new ISY Controller because his old one wasn't working correctly. 

He said he wanted to downgrade from 5 to 4 (firmware).

He said the new controllers are being shipped out with the new version 5 of the firmware. 

So my question is this: 

Is it true if I order a new ISY it will come without version 5 firmware? 

I have been holding back from upgrading my ISY from 4 to 5 because it's a lot of work making sure the uograde converted all my programming correctly. 

So if I purchase a new ISY and it comes with version 5 of the firmware then I could slowly move all of my Automation from the old controller to the new one. 

After everything is switched I can then do an upgrade to the old controller to version 5 and then store it as a backup controller should anything happen to the new controller. 

(Plus it puts some money into Universal Devices coffers for all their hard work over the years!) 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
@rlanza1054,
What's the model number on the bottom of your ISY? 
With kind regards,
Michel
Attached is a picture of the bottom label of my ISY.

I'm still interested in obtaining a new ISY with the new 5.x firmware rather than upgrading my existing ISY.

I just need to know which one I should order.

And if I order from Amazon can I assume I will get version 5.x firmware or should I order it directly from you. Universal Devices?

Thanks

Robdb4eddd3d219880898434f7635a87efe.jpgbccab647213e4970a7bc87aa66afc8ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Archived