Home Assistant ISY Component

fasttimes

I can confirm that I don’t get isy994_control events when operating ISY devices from HA or from the ISY admin console, but I suspect that’s as-designed. I’m personally only interested in detecting events that can only be generated at the physical device and not ones that are simply a state change (which is easy to trigger on). I *do* get isy994_control events when operating my ISY devices manually, as expected. I’m using the beta 3.0.0dev15-1 version of the ISY integration from HACS, but I don’t think the behavior is any different with the built-in integration.

On 1/21/2021 at 10:04 AM, Michel Kohanim said:

@Scyto,

Is it only the physical control events or is that no device states are sent? Do the states of devices change in the Admin Console?

With kind regards,
Michel

I did some more diligent testing with one group of 3 insteon dimmers (two controlling load, one as secondary) controlled by a scene that syncs them all.

The states of entities in the HA console do not change when I manually change switches and I see no events when listening to isy994_control in HA.  Also i just discovered that in the ISY console the manually activated devices are not changing the status in the ISY console either.

If I use the HA console to call an ISY scene, then all the ISY devices in that scene reflect their states correctly in HA. And have the right status in the ISY console too.

I seen no events when listening to isy994_control in HS. The only events i am seeing in isy994_control are ones from my nodes servers.

In the ISY event viewer.  I see no on/off device events. unless i have forgotten how to use the event viewer  - i have it set to level 3.

--edits--

if i query the device in ISY console (say a light that shows as off that is actually on) then the ISY console shows correct status, but HA still shows as off.

--edit2--

i just did a full restore PLM, that fixed it.

I hate PLMs :-)

• 4 months later...

Has anyone the same experience ? This morning after upgrading the Home Assistant Core, my ISY integration no longer works. I tried disable and then enable with no change. Then I deleted the ISY integration all together and reinstalled it, but still not working.

IMG_6893.jpg

IMG_6890.jpg

HA-ISY-Log.pdf

1 minute ago, MrBill said:

@asbril I just updated to 2021.6 and didn't have a problem.  looking at your log it seems to error at the first attempt to start an ISY subscription. 

The next thing I'd try if it was me, would be to reboot the ISY and after it's up, then reboot HA again.

Let me try that

Actually scratch that I am having a problem, I didn't check far enough.  Still studying...

do you have the HACS UDI Beta integration installed... I do see changes there, but i don't see changes to the Core integration....  Core 2021.5.4 had ISY changes but I was already on 2021.5.5

Still studying...

30 minutes ago, MrBill said:

do you have the HACS UDI Beta integration installed... I do see changes there, but i don't see changes to the Core integration....  Core 2021.5.4 had ISY changes but I was already on 2021.5.5

2021.6.0 merged all changes from the HACS version into the Core integration. The changes weren't 'big' enough to make it into the headings of the release notes, but they're buried under all changes. You should be able to remove the HACS version. I just confirmed I didn't have any issues with upgrading from 2021.5.5 to 2021.6.0, so I'm not sure what is going on.

• What ISY Firmware are you using?
  • Are you using HTTP or HTTPS to connect from Home Assistant?
  • Are you connecting straight to the IP (e.g. host: http://192.168.1.10) or via the ISY Portal?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, shbatm said:

2021.6.0 merged all changes from the HACS version into the Core integration. The changes weren't 'big' enough to make it into the headings of the release notes, but they're buried under all changes. You should be able to remove the HACS version. I just confirmed I didn't have any issues with upgrading from 2021.5.5 to 2021.6.0, so I'm not sure what is going on.

• What ISY Firmware are you using?
  • Are you using HTTP or HTTPS to connect from Home Assistant?
  • Are you connecting straight to the IP (e.g. host: http://192.168.1.10) or via the ISY Portal?

Thanks

• What ISY Firmware are you using? 5.3.3
  • Are you using HTTP or HTTPS to connect from Home Assistant? HTTP
  • Are you connecting straight to the IP (e.g. host: http://192.168.1.10) or via the ISY Portal? straight to the IP

I am not at all familiar with what HACS is. How can I check if I have it and then remove it ?

Thanks

23 minutes ago, asbril said:

I am not at all familiar with what HACS is. How can I check if I have it and then remove it ?

If you don't know what it is, you're probably not using it--you wouldn't be using it by accident. 

Can you please try with this in your `configuration.yaml`, restart HA, and post the logs again:

logger:
  default: info
  logs:
    homeassistant.components.isy994: debug
    pyisy: debug

As just mentioned, I am just not technical enough to understand this. Am I right in supposing that the problem was caused by the upgrade to 2021.6.0 ? If so, is it something that could be addressed in another update of the core ?

1 minute ago, asbril said:

I am sorry to be so ignorant, but I was not able to find this in Configuration.

You'll most likely have to add it to the bottom of your `configuration.yaml` file if you haven't changed any of the default logging settings before. It won't be available in the UI/Lovelace, you'll have to edit the file manually in your config folder (if you are using the Home Assistant OS or Supervised versions, the easiest way is probably adding the VSCode Add-On.

2 minutes ago, asbril said:

As just mentioned, I am just not technical enough to understand this. Am I right in supposing that the problem was caused by the upgrade to 2021.6.0 ? If so, is it something that could be addressed in another update of the core ?

It was caused by a change made in the upgrade to 2021.6.0. Downgrading back to 2021.5.5 or restoring a snapshot should fix it for you until we can find the real cause of the issue. If I remember right, it's an issue with too many things trying to talk to the ISY at once and it just stalls. 

Do you use a lot of NodeServers on the ISY? Polyglot? 

Just now, shbatm said:

It was caused by a change made in the upgrade to 2021.6.0. Downgrading back to 2021.5.5 or restoring a snapshot should fix it for you until we can find the real cause of the issue. If I remember right, it's an issue with too many things trying to talk to the ISY at once and it just stalls. 

Do you use a lot of NodeServers on the ISY? Polyglot? 

Yes I use 12 Nodeservers. How can I downgrade to 2021.5.5 as this would indeed be the best solution (being such an low level techie) ?

7 minutes ago, shbatm said:

the easiest way is probably adding the VSCode Add-On.

I get this "...This add-on is not compatible with the processor of your device or the operating system you have installed on your device..." . Probably better to downgrade to 2021.5.5

11 minutes ago, asbril said:

Yes I use 12 Nodeservers. How can I downgrade to 2021.5.5 as this would indeed be the best solution (being such an low level techie) ?

The 12 Nodeservers may be the issue.

You can downgrade by

1. Install Terminal Add-on: Go to Supervisor > Add-on Store > Terminal & SSH and install/start the add-on.
  2. Click 'Open Web UI' 
  3. Type this: ha core update --version=2021.5.5 and hit enter.

EDIT: If you let Home Assistant take a snapshot before upgrading, that is the easier way to get back. It'll be in the Snapshots tab under Supervisor.

Archived