Monitoring Kwikset Status

I want to use a keypad button to light when the Kwikset lock is unlocked.

The lock is installed on the front door, and the location of the ISY is close enough that can control the lock remotely by Admin Console command and manual operations appropriately change the current state in the Admin Console.

I have written a program to change the backlight of the button; however, the state of all other buttons on the keypad do not respond.

If         'FrontDoorLock' Status is Unlocked

Then        Set 'KitchenKey2A FloodNESw / KitchenKey2G FrontDoorLock' Backlight On 15 / Off 0

Else        Set 'KitchenKey2A FloodNESw / KitchenKey2G FrontDoorLock' Backlight On  0 / Off 0

6 minutes ago, Got2Have said:

I want to use a keypad button to light when the Kwikset lock is unlocked.

The lock is installed on the front door, and the location of the ISY is close enough that can control the lock remotely by Admin Console command and manual operations appropriately change the current state in the Admin Console.

If         'FrontDoorLock' Status is UnlockedThen        Set 'KitchenKey2A FloodNESw / KitchenKey2G FrontDoorLock' Backlight On 15 / Off 0

Else        Set 'KitchenKey2A FloodNESw / KitchenKey2G FrontDoorLock' Backlight On  0 / Off 0

Is there a question?

Sorry, I pressed <Ctrl> <Enter> and did not get a chance to finish.

The program I wrote can change the button background to reflect On as unlocked and Off as locked.  However, this overrides the states of all the remaining buttons on the keypad and the remaining buttons do not illuminate.  I am looking for a way to independently control the light for the button associated with the lock.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for your help iliyoyo1.

I am still having difficulty pairing the keypad button with the dead bolt device.  It seems like I can control the dead bolt from the keypad or manually at the dead bolt but not from both.

I have defined a Scene, EntDoorBoltScn, that contains the device, EntDoorBoltLock, and keypad button, KitchenKey2G EntDoorBolt.  Refer to the following screen shots of the 3 objects.

I have defined programs to lock and unlock the bolt for the keypad button and at the bolt device, respectively.  The keypad button properly responds, i.e. lights for unlocked and off for locked.  The bolt device, however, does not respond to the keypad button.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

Got2Have

1 EntDoorBoltLock.png

2 KitchenKey2G EntDoorBolt.png

3 EntDoorBoltScn.png

4 EntDoorUnlock.png

5 EntDoorLock.png

6 LockEntDoor.png

Archived