Help how do I change a programmed scene

Good evening.  

I have been running ISY portal for a few years.   I have not even looked or change anything in 16 months or more.  I realized that my outside lights are turning off earlier than I want so I logged in to try to change it.  Not so simple....  I clicked on My programs thinking I could just change the start and end times. That is not an option, here is what it states How do I just change it to come on 20 min before sun set and go off 20 after sunrise? Seems like it should be at least as east as programming my sprinkler....

Thanks for the help 

Tim

Out side night lights off
Enabled: true
Startup: true
Running: idle
Last Run: 2019/07/13 20:48:49
Last Finish: 2019/07/13 20:48:49
Next Scheduled RunTime: 2019/07/13 23:00:00

The link you provided is for the Portal.  I doubt you can get to the administrative console from there.  Your admin console was where you originally set up your devices, links, scenes, and programs.

Getting there has changed over the years, and may depend on the software you are running on the ISY.  Try following the directions here:

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/24381-isy-launcher/

@TimCA

Tim,  The portal does not manage your ISY, it only manages your connections to ISY from outside of your LAN.  So if you want to have google or amazon or a webhook (ifttt) communicate with ISY, the portal takes care of connecting the two.  More importantly, it connects them securely, avoiding any open ports on your network.

To administer your ISY, you need to use the administrative console.  If you are running a computer on the same LAN as your ISY, then the portal plays no role.  Just follow the instructions given by oberkc.  If you are wanting to administer your ISY from outside of your LAN, then you will enter the url for your ISY provided by the portal under <select tool/information/isy information>.  You would enter that url into the ISY launcher oberkc's post speaks of.

Ya so I have tried that, and keep getting the launcher to open in explorer only resulting in this.  t should not be this hard correct??  I had it on my old computer that crashed.  Isn';t there a Google play store app or something?  I do not remember it being this hard to set up and run.

Thanks

Tim

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<jnlp version="1.3" href="isy.jnlp" codebase="https://isy.universal-devices.com/launcher" spec="1.0+">

<!--do not change version-->

-<information>

<title>ISY Launcher</title>

<vendor>Universal Devices, Inc.</vendor>

<description>This utility finds ISY and launches the correct version of the UI/Admin Console/Dashboard</description>

<homepage href="https://www.universal-devices.com"/>

<description kind="short">ISY Launcher</description>

-<shortcut online="true">

<desktop/>

<menu submenu="ISY Launcher"/>

</shortcut>

<icon href="udlogo.png" kind="splash"/>

<icon href="udlogo.png" kind="shortcut"/>

<offline-allowed/>

</information>

-<security>

<all-permissions/>

</security>

<update policy="always" check="background"/>

-<resources>

<jar href="isyfinder-1.3.jar" download="eager"/>

<j2se version="1.8+"/>

</resources>

<application-desc main-class="com.universaldevices.isyfinder.ISYFinder"> </application-desc>

</jnlp>

24 minutes ago, TimCA said:

Ya so I have tried that, and keep getting the launcher to open in explorer only resulting in this.  t should not be this hard correct??  I had it on my old computer that crashed.  Isn';t there a Google play store app or something?  I do not remember it being this hard to set up and run.

Thanks

Tim

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<jnlp version="1.3" href="isy.jnlp" codebase="https://isy.universal-devices.com/launcher" spec="1.0+">

<!--do not change version-->

-<information>

<title>ISY Launcher</title>

<vendor>Universal Devices, Inc.</vendor>

<description>This utility finds ISY and launches the correct version of the UI/Admin Console/Dashboard</description>

<homepage href="https://www.universal-devices.com"/>

<description kind="short">ISY Launcher</description>

-<shortcut online="true">

<desktop/>

<menu submenu="ISY Launcher"/>

</shortcut>

<icon href="udlogo.png" kind="splash"/>

<icon href="udlogo.png" kind="shortcut"/>

<offline-allowed/>

</information>

-<security>

<all-permissions/>

</security>

<update policy="always" check="background"/>

-<resources>

<jar href="isyfinder-1.3.jar" download="eager"/>

<j2se version="1.8+"/>

</resources>

<application-desc main-class="com.universaldevices.isyfinder.ISYFinder"> </application-desc>

</jnlp>

If you are using a PC it's not hard at all. There is no app for the admin console in the play store.

The launcher does not use explorer. Make sure your java is updated and download to your computer

If your Isy firmware is not compatible with your ISYs firmware level then you may not be able to use it. Your portal will tell you what firmware your ISY has. You could also contact udi directly for help as well.

To install the AC, go here and execute the 2 steps:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#Installing_the_Admin_Console_Icon_on_Your_Desktop

Installing the Admin Console Icon on Your Desktop

It's always best to use the Admin Console application which is browser independent. To do this:

1. Clear your java cache
  2. Use the ISY Launcher to launch the Admin Console. This should put an icon on your desktop once you run the downloaded start.jnlp file.

This may be worth a call into UDI technical support.  Given that you have not opened your admin panel for over 16 months, it is hard to say what version of software it is running.  Getting into your controller is, I expect, dependent on using the correct method for the software loaded.

Archived