In Floor heating thermostat options for the ISY 994i

EddieRock

Not sure where that it is found, however I stopped and restarted the poly node with no change in the 4 nodes in poly.  After your last message I went back into poly and it asked me to link my Nuheat with Poly again so I clicked on the link.  I went back into ISY and all 3 Energy nodes are there but still only 2 energy nodes in poly.  Either way, looks like it is working as designed.

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, PhoneGuy said:

Not sure where that it is found, however I stopped and restarted the poly node with no change in the 4 nodes in poly.  After your last message I went back into poly and it asked me to link my Nuheat with Poly again so I clicked on the link.  I went back into ISY and all 3 Energy nodes are there but still only 2 energy nodes in poly.  Either way, looks like it is working as designed.

Thank you!

In Polyglot Cloud (web browser).  Refresh.  It's a browser/UI thing with the nodes not being listed in the Polyglot UI.

If they are showing in the ISY Admin Console then all is well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2019 at 12:06 PM, simplextech said:

Beta Release v0.1.36 has been pushed to the store.  Because of the changes to the profile you should do a delete/install from Polyglot Cloud to ensure the nodes are updated in the ISY fully.

really novice question. where is this "store"?

• 3 weeks later...

"Herein lies the problem... who is the OEM for these thermostat's.  The LX205T is identical in looks and specs as the OJ and NuHeat."

@simplextech  you noted the OJ one looks the same - this is the one I have.  Is there a way to make what you've done with the NuHeat one work for my OJ?  the initial issue I see is that the node is looking to Nuheat.com or whatever to get into the unit.  

thanks

47 minutes ago, breischaft said:

"Herein lies the problem... who is the OEM for these thermostat's.  The LX205T is identical in looks and specs as the OJ and NuHeat."

@simplextech  you noted the OJ one looks the same - this is the one I have.  Is there a way to make what you've done with the NuHeat one work for my OJ?  the initial issue I see is that the node is looking to Nuheat.com or whatever to get into the unit.  

thanks

OJ is not providing any information on the ojelectronics.com site about their thermostat or Wifi access.  They don't even have a link to a mobile app.  I'm sure it could be possible but they aren't providing any information on how.  You can contact OJ and see if they will provide you with information.  I also do not have this thermostat so it would make testing/verification difficult and time consuming

4 minutes ago, breischaft said:

not the answer I wanted, but what I expected.  Thanks for the quick reply. 

Sorry.  I did send OJ an email asking about API access.  No response as it's Sunday.  So I can try again.  I recommend you contact them too.  The more that do then maybe they will at least think about it.  I'm fairly sure they OEM and it's up to the distributing company to decide about API level access though.

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an older thread but was wondering if there is anything new - either with the work that @simplextech has done with the NUheat or clone thermostats or other (hopefully local) systems that will play nicely with ISY and / or Polisy?

Getting ready to do a fairly involved renovation and looking at the best way to automate / monitor / integrate floor heat with my ISY and connected devices.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, telljcl said:

has done with the NUheat or clone thermostats or other (hopefully local) systems that will play nicely with ISY and / or Polisy?

The NuHeat nodeserver for Polisy is published.  It does use their cloud API however the NS itself runs local.  There is a PGC version available as well which is using a different API version.  As some point they are supposed to converge and I'll likely combine them.

For floor heat thermostat's the Nuheat and Sinope are the only one's I'm aware of that have integrations.  Sinope is not integrated with the ISY because it is a Zigbee thermostat and I've not (yet) started on adding Zigbee functionality directly to Polisy.  Sinope does also offer a "bridge" interface which I looked into but they only work direct with vendors not 3rd parties so they won't give me the API.

I don't know if Venstar offers a floor heat thermostat or if one of their models would work or not.  You might contact them and ask.

3 minutes ago, simplextech said:

The NuHeat nodeserver for Polisy is published.  It does use their cloud API however the NS itself runs local.  There is a PGC version available as well which is using a different API version.  As some point they are supposed to converge and I'll likely combine them.

For floor heat thermostat's the Nuheat and Sinope are the only one's I'm aware of that have integrations.  Sinope is not integrated with the ISY because it is a Zigbee thermostat and I've not (yet) started on adding Zigbee functionality directly to Polisy.  Sinope does also offer a "bridge" interface which I looked into but they only work direct with vendors not 3rd parties so they won't give me the API.

I don't know if Venstar offers a floor heat thermostat or if one of their models would work or not.  You might contact them and ask.

Thanks very much for the details.

I'm new to floor heat, but it looks pretty simple as it's just 120 or 240 on / off with a sensor in the floor somewhere.

I have Venstars for my HVAC units, and I like the way those work (local control via ISY (thanks to @ioguy) as well as internet / app). I didn't think about using those, but I guess it wouldn't be too difficult and in fact would be nice not to have to route line and load voltage through the thermostat's physical location. Could just put some 24v coil relays in to control floor zones I guess?

1 minute ago, telljcl said:

Could just put some 24v coil relays in to control floor zones I guess?

There are options.  However floor t-stats usually also have a temp probe to ensure you don't melt/burn the floor.  So keep that in mind of adding a temp probe if going with relays.

23 minutes ago, simplextech said:

There are options.  However floor t-stats usually also have a temp probe to ensure you don't melt/burn the floor.  So keep that in mind of adding a temp probe if going with relays.

Venstars have inputs for std. 10K thermistor remote sensors, as well as options to use wifi remote sensors which also have onboard and remote thermistor terminals. I suppose this would work? One thing I like about the venstars - they are very configurable - deadbands, #stages, temp. calibrations, remote sensor capable etc...

I'm not against using something else, but just hadn't even considered using more of what I already have.

Archived