ISY-99 can't communicate with PLM?

I haven't used my ISY in a long time. Things were working fine prior. I upgraded to 2.7.0 automatically, and the PLM will no longer communicate with the ISY.

I have tried factory resetting the PLM. When I go to PLM status, it says not connected.

Any ideas on how to fix this, or do I need a new PLM?

Thanks

Not good the plot thickens.

I thought I'd be smart and try backing up the ISY, factory resetting it, and then restoring it.

However, after factory reset it won't let me restore saying ISY refused update.

Hi Oktane,

I am so very sorry to hear about this. I wouldn't worry about upgrading/updating issues since ISY is in the safe mode: we have to fix the PLM issue first.

Most of the time, the problem with the PLM is that the cable does not make contact with the pins inside the PLM. So, what I suggest are the following:

1. Change the cable that connects ISY to the PLM

2. If 1 does not work, use a sharp object and pull up the pins on the PLM's RJ45 jack

3. If 2 does not work, then you will surely need a new PLM

With kind regards,

Michel

I tried changing ethernet cables and pulling up on the pins - no go.

Fortunately I did get my old data back on the ISY through a restore.

Is there a way to test the PLM or reflash the firmware? Powerhome had this option for the serial PLM. It was called a "salad core."

Thanks

Salad Core sounds more like a 2414S PLC than a 2412S PLM.

They are 100% different from each other.

No the 2412S and 2414S/U can not have their firmware flashed by end users. The Salad Core is a program loaded into the PLCs programming memory.

Archived