Programing with a trigger of a scene?

RichTJ99

Hi,

I am trying to do two things on my ISY. I do not see where I can program using a scene as a option.

1. I have an “All On†button on my bedroom KPL “C†button. If I press that button, every light in the house goes on 100% (common config I would bet). I am trying to write a program so that if its between 10pm & sunrise, that if the button is pressed, the MBR room & BR 2 has their light turned on to 25%. If its before 10pm, it should be 100%. The thought behind it is that the ISY only has to do something if its between those times.

If

From 10:25:00PM

To Sunrise (next day)

And Status 'Bedroom: MBR KPL C' is On

Or Status 'Bedroom: MBR KPL C' is Off

Then

Set 'Bedroom: MBR Light' 25%

Set 'Bedroom: BR 2' 25%

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

2. How do I get the ISY to send me an email on a specific event? I have two separate emails under the config & I cant figure out how to have it pick what I want in the actual program.

Thanks,

Rich

Hi Rich,

If your KPL C is a controller in a scene, then the program you have will not work. What you need to do instead is to use the Adjust Scene function in your programs (i.e you will have to have ISY adjust the on level for MBR and BR lights when controlled by C between those hours).

To receive emails, simply use the Notify option in your programs.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi,

I am trying to do two things on my ISY. I do not see where I can program using a scene as a option.

1. I have an “All On” button on my bedroom KPL “C” button. If I press that button, every light in the house goes on 100% (common config I would bet). I am trying to write a program so that if its between 10pm & sunrise, that if the button is pressed, the MBR room & BR 2 has their light turned on to 25%. If its before 10pm, it should be 100%. The thought behind it is that the ISY only has to do something if its between those times.

If

From 10:25:00PM

To Sunrise (next day)

And Status 'Bedroom: MBR KPL C' is On

Or Status 'Bedroom: MBR KPL C' is Off

Then

Set 'Bedroom: MBR Light' 25%

Set 'Bedroom: BR 2' 25%

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

2. How do I get the ISY to send me an email on a specific event? I have two separate emails under the config & I cant figure out how to have it pick what I want in the actual program.

Thanks,

Rich

Sorry for being dense, but how do I edit the scene within the program?

Also, I have two separate email addresses. I would like some notices to goto one email & some to another.

In the notifiy catagory, I only see "All" as an option. Should I be able to select all, email 1, or email 2?

Hello RichTJ99,

The answer to the 2nd question is that we currently do not support sending emails to specific recipients: it's all or nothing.

To adjust the scene using programs:

1. Go to Program Details tab

2. Click on your desired program

3. Click on Then

4. In the Action box, choose "Adjust Scene"

5. In the subsequent drop down lists, choose your Controller OR Scene and then choose the device (responder) for which you want the on level changed

With kind regards,

Michel

Sorry for being dense, but how do I edit the scene within the program?

Also, I have two separate email addresses. I would like some notices to goto one email & some to another.

In the notifiy catagory, I only see "All" as an option. Should I be able to select all, email 1, or email 2?

Archived