Purchase Modules

Oh those stinkin' passwords!
I have almost a hundred passwords and accounts on the go now, and almost every one has demanded I change that one,  with an Uppercase, punctuation, lowercase, and numeric digit combinations over the last few years. Of course, most never admit they have changed their security  style when my password suddenly doesn't work anymore despite logging the password in a hard paper log.
Now the new "blame the user" technique is to implement 2FA using another password or technique to fool users into a false sense of security, instead of admitting it was an inside job. :)

How are things more secure when I have to reset my password every year to a generic one and it passes over the fake secure websites through a browser that has never communicated with that server before and has to pass the new security online? :( 

1 hour ago, Brian H said:

I got the same thing

Tried my forum user name and password and got a wrong password message. Maybe it is a pass word I originally used when I registered  my ISY994i or older models I had in the past and have total forgot.

I got logged in OK.  Just can't figure out where to go to purchase modules.  Help!

4 hours ago, palayman said:

It seems the link doesn't work the way it use to.  Now you need an account, you need to login and you need to add the ISY to your account to manage the modules.

Would have been nice to be told of the change in behavior.

Paul

I'm not sure when they changed how the link works, but they do seem to have updated the wiki at the same time.

image.thumb.png.2c884f50148d816818c084824f514950.png

I also tried my forum username and password, but they didn't work.  They do have a "Forgot Password?" link which allows you to specify an email address.  Conveniently it comes back and tells you whether that email address is registered.  After trying all the email addresses I use to register online accounts, I decided that I must never have registered my device.  So I created an account, and then followed the instructions above and was off and running...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived