ISY intermittent emails

Techman

Recently my ISY outgoing EMAILS and SMS messages became intermittent.

When I sent a test message from the ISY configuration tab I got both MAIL SERVER and CONF errors. 

Bottom line: after troubleshooting, and unable to resolve the errors, I removed and reseated the ISY SD card and the errors went away.  I can only assume that the contacts for the SD card had possible oxidation.

4 hours ago, Techman said:

I can only assume that the contacts for the SD card had possible oxidation.

That's interesting.  You would think if the ISY was having trouble connecting to the SD card that errors would have shown up in more places than just outgoing emails and SMS.  Did reseating the SD card involve rebooting the ISY?  If so, could the reboot have been responsible for the fix?  Were there any errors shown in the ISY error log?

Prior to removing the SD card I rebooted the ISY which had no effect on the email error messages.

Needless to say I removed power from the ISY prior to subsequently removing and reseating the SD card.

A short while back I did have a few problems with a few scenes not being 100% reliable and also noticed some corrupted link tables in a few keypadlincs. These issues were corrected via a device restore and were resolved prior to the email problems.

In the new PolISY I don't think there will be any SD card connections with it's built in SDD. Hopefully there will be no Molex pin connectors either.
Mind you, the connector plating technology seems to have come a long way since the old 1 MHz CPU days when wiping and cleaning connectors was a weekly event.

4 hours ago, larryllix said:

In the new PolISY I don't think there will be any SD card connections with it's built in SDD. Hopefully there will be no Molex pin connectors either.
Mind you, the connector plating technology seems to have come a long way since the old 1 MHz CPU days when wiping and cleaning connectors was a weekly event.

I agree. I'm looking forward to moving everything over to the Polisy

@Techman,

Sincere apologies for the inconvenience. That's explainable: our notification mail server got hacked last week, 1000s of emails were sent from alerts@universal-devices.com to some unknown email addresses around the world. So, we had to install a spam protection program (Spam Assassin) which checks headers, bodies, IP/email addresses (for blacklists) before letting messages go through. If you think your notifications are missing:

1. You can send your <from> and <to> email addresses to support@Universal-devices.com and we can make sure they are whitelisted (regardless of header/body). But, this gets into privacy issues and not a preferred method
2. Use a dummy gmail account for your ISY Notifications

With kind regards,
Michel

Archived