Alexa app: This device is not currently supported

kohai

When I try to create the routine on the alexa app, I can see my state variable in 'device' but when I click it, I get an error that says "This device is not currently supported."

In the app, I can go into settings->devices and I can see the state variable value.  I can change the value in the isy admin console and see the value change in the alexa app.

I tried both a motion sensor and a contact sensor in the isy portal.  It doesn't seem to make a difference.  I've removed the device from the app and added it back.  No differences.

It's not clear to me from reading the FAQ and ISY instructions for this what the 'spoken' is supposed to be in the isy portal.  I just put 'ding dong'.  I'm trying to get my alexa echo dots to do a broadcast message that the doorbell has been pressed.

Any suggestions?

His device is a state variable.

Try disconnecting your ISY account in the GH app and then reconnecting the two accounts. I had big problems with this also and it finally worked. No idea why.
You may need to download the image from the ISY Portal again and then update your devices in gH again. This is one of the reasons I don't use my GH devices much anymore. GH support sucks and all I ever got back in over a year was "What is an ISY? See your administrator of the software."

Also I found GH might take hours or even days to update the database at times. I though this was all fixed over the last year though. I gave up on GH for many other reasons.

The spoken in the portal is just what you are going to identify it as in the alexa app.  Sometimes you may wnat to call a stae variable you have created such asin, Box on the Wall,  what is the status of Living room fan. Other then that sounds like you are doing it correctly, make sure you assign open and close values to it when you save it as a contact or motion sensor.  You may want to update teh Alexa app id one is available.

Thanks for the input.  I just went in to check it again and it's not giving that error now.  Weird!  Wait a couple days and it goes away.  I've got it working now.  Waive the rubber chicken I guess.  Thanks for the help.

Archived