network resources - socket open failed

boser

I'm trying to set up network resources.

After typing in a IP address (GET) and hitting save, I get a Socket Open Failed java.lang.NullPointerException. The IP address I entered is valid (it returns an html page when calling get) - does it need to be of a certain format? (Once I get this working I'll use post and rely on the side-effect on the server).

(I have the network module installed).

Bernhard

Hi Bernhard,

This sounds very much like a firewall issue. Do you have any installed on your computer? Also, which ISY firmware version are you on?

With kind regards,

Michel

I'm trying to set up network resources.

After typing in a IP address (GET) and hitting save, I get a Socket Open Failed java.lang.NullPointerException. The IP address I entered is valid (it returns an html page when calling get) - does it need to be of a certain format? (Once I get this working I'll use post and rely on the side-effect on the server).

(I have the network module installed).

Bernhard

I run the windows (vista) firewall.

ISY firmware is 2.7.x (not sure about x, it's from ~ May).

Bernhard

Hi Bernhard,

This sounds very much like a firewall issue. Do you have any installed on your computer? Also, which ISY firmware version are you on?

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Bernhard, would you be kind enough to upgrade to our latest firmware (2.7.6) so that we can at least have the same baseline?

With kind regards,

Michel

Bernhard

Hi Bernhard,

With kind regards,

Michel

I've upgraded to 2.7.6 and now it's working fine (except path /, but I do not know that).

Apparently had nothing to do with the firewall.

Thanks,

Bernhard

Hi Bernhard, would you be kind enough to upgrade to our latest firmware (2.7.6) so that we can at least have the same baseline?

With kind regards,

Michel

Bernhard

Hi Bernhard,

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived