replacing micro sd card

CandC

I want to replace my micro sd card on isy_994i:

I am following guide https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:Replacing/Formatting_an_SD_Card...

when using the isy finder as per instructions I cannot log into the admin console...

(I can login with the old provisioned sd card)

isy-994i.jpg.1fa51aa7676c86d59f171bf126580e61.jpg

2006550790_isy-994i-provisioned.jpg.478dd9abbb803cffd505ce90855ec8e8.jpg

that's the whole point: In order to install the firmware I have to access the admin console (step #3) which does not work: after selecting admin console in isy finder nothing happens: I've been wondering whether the new 16 gb  sd card is too big even though isy is supposed to support that size...

question: I cleared the java cache and started the isy finder: with the new sd card the ip address still remained the same - is that correct? I removed the new sd card and opened it in file explorer and isy has written its directory folders on it. But still, when I try to access the admin console it just displays an endless hour glass... Also I can ping isy but cannot telnet to it...

as soon as I reinstall the old sd card all is well again and I can access the admin console (but I want to replace it because today after a power failure I could not gain access and only regained access after reinserting the sd card several times - this anomaly makes me nervous and I wonder what trouble lies ahead)

11 hours ago, CandC said:

that's the whole point: In order to install the firmware I have to access the admin console (step #3) which does not work: after selecting admin console in isy finder nothing happens: I've been wondering whether the new 16 gb  sd card is too big even though isy is supposed to support that size...

Did you follow the part 3 step 2? Where you have to go online and use the link to start the Administrative Console for an SD card with no firmware. To then add the firmware. I don't think trying to write it locally is going to work.

@ Brian H: Yes I did part 3 step 2: following that link will download start.jnip file... it will start the isy finder and then when I try to enter the admin console it just hangs and does nothing except the hour glass...

@Michel Kohanin: the light pattern is normal, no errors, same pattern when I re-insert the old sd card and when all is good...

The old sd card is the original 1 GB card and the new is 16 GB: I am going to try a smaller sd card...

Archived