Programming Remote Switch Insteon 2342-242

I just purchased the Insteon Remote and am having difficulty programming it.  Here are the 2 issues:

Issue #1: I want to toggle on the water recirculating pump for 15 minutes.  Here is the program that I am using:

-----------------------------

Recirculate Pump Demand Switch - [ID 0035][Parent 0044]

If
        From     8:31:00AM
        To       5:59:00PM (same day)
     Or From     8:01:00PM
        To       6:29:00AM (next day)
    And Status  'Remote Kitchen - A' is 100%

Then
        Set 'Water Heater Recycle Pump Gar' On
        Wait  15 minutes 
        Set 'Water Heater Recycle Pump Gar' Off

Else
        Set 'Water Heater Recycle Pump Gar' Off
----------------------------

It works fine, but when I want to toggle it on again, I can't.  You have to first set the switch OFF and then ON again.  I tried to program it as "And Status "Remote Kitchen - A' is Responding, and that didn't work as a simple toggle.  As another option, I tried to add a line under Then what said "Set Remote...Off, but the option for setting the Remote off didn't work.The only options is "Write Device Updates."

Issue #2: I would like to set up the program such that if any of 5 remotes are on, then the Then statement would be executed.  In the If section and under the "And Status  'Remote Kitchen - A' is 100%" line, can I add multiple 'Or' statements with the other remotes and it will acknowledge the activity of each of the 5 remotes?

Thanks.  Mitchell

1) You have to use control not status. Since battery operated devices only send their state upon use, it'll always report what happened last. 

2) not possible with battery operated devices. They'll always show their last state upon a button press. If you were using hardwired devices such as keypadlincs, you would be able to accomplish what you want

Thanks!!  It worked.  Can you tell me the meaning of "Control" in the programming environment?

Also, about my other question: 

I would like to set up the program such that if any of 5 remotes are on, then the Then statement would be executed.  In the If section and under the "And Status  'Remote Kitchen - A' is 100%" line, can I add multiple 'Or' statements with the other remotes and it will acknowledge the activity of each of the 5 remotes?

Thanks.  Mitchell

Programming wise it's possible but doing it with battery operated devices will not give you the results you're looking for.

It can work with hardwired devices as their status is updated in the isy. You turn on a mini remote, it's status will always reflect on until you actually turn in off. Reboots and other issues will affect things as well. 

Control means you manually controlled something. Status is the state of something. 

To expand upon “status” versus “control”....

Status is, indeed, the state of a device.  This single condition will be true so long that the status is equal to the stated value, otherwise, it is false.  This condition will toggle a program whenever the condition changes, no matter the cause of the change, be it a program, response to a scene command, or manual action upon the device.

Control, on the other hand, is true only the moment a manual action is taken on that device that matches the value (on, off, xx%) of the condition.  At all other times, it is false.  Furthermore, this condition triggers a program on upon receipt of the expected value.  If the specified value is “on”, then “receipt of “offl will not trigger the program.

• 1 month later...

Programming a new remote 2342-2 I need a little guidance please, so I do have installed my ISY Admin consol, devices showing all 8 buttons shows as empty, now I want to add functions to it so am I correct all is done in the Admin console now and not with the remote pairing and lights pairing buttons? And if I’m right I need to build a scenes in my Admin console to make a light turn on/off am I on the right track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, pmhgeneral said:

Programming a new remote 2342-2 I need a little guidance please, so I do have installed my ISY Admin consol, devices showing all 8 buttons shows as empty, now I want to add functions to it so am I correct all is done in the Admin console now and not with the remote pairing and lights pairing buttons? And if I’m right I need to build a scenes in my Admin console to make a light turn on/off am I on the right track?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the basic steps are these:

- Create a scene and give it a friendly name -> Drag & Drop a device of your choice (Say Light Switch) -> Place RL2 in program mode by pressing the bottom center button and wait for the red LED to blink -> Drag & Drop one of the buttons from the RL2 to that scene  (Rinse & Repeat) -> Press link button twice once done on RL2. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 3:48 PM, mfbrin said:

Thanks!!  It worked.  Can you tell me the meaning of "Control" in the programming environment?

Also, about my other question: 

I would like to set up the program such that if any of 5 remotes are on, then the Then statement would be executed.  In the If section and under the "And Status  'Remote Kitchen - A' is 100%" line, can I add multiple 'Or' statements with the other remotes and it will acknowledge the activity of each of the 5 remotes?

Thanks.  Mitchell

@mfbrin Is your question here "can I initiate the program via the use of any of 5 different remotes? " If so, the answer is yes. You can nest many many multiple layers of logic. here is an example of what you may be trying to do.. RL in my case is a RemoteLinc.  (I just grabbed some of mine for the example) 

If
        (
             From     8:00:00AM
             To       5:00:00PM (same day)
          Or From     8:00:00PM
             To       5:00:00AM (next day)
        )
    And (
             'RL Slider A- Awning' is switched On
          Or 'RL Slider B' is switched On
          Or 'RL Slider C' is switched On
          Or 'RL Slider D' is switched On
        )

For this test to be true, something from the first ( ) AND something from the second ( ) must be true. 

Archived