MobiLinc X v1.18 with DIRECT IP/UDI PORTAL Support AVAILABLE NOW!

InsteonNut

On 12/24/2019 at 10:16 AM, jesusmr said:

what a disappointment to pay more for less just to make it look more "modern".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind this won't be the only development of the app. Mobilinc has been around for years which means it will have more capabilities for now than Mobilinc X. Given enough time, I'm sure features that mobilinc had will be added over time. 

Keep in mind this won't be the only development of the app. Mobilinc has been around for years which means it will have more capabilities for now than Mobilinc X. Given enough time, I'm sure features that mobilinc had will be added over time. 

Yes I can understand it but for an application that has already been on the market for months we should not lose functions that had already been added. I expected an upgrade not a downgrade in functions. So far I have not been able to change the icons for devices that are supposed to be something simple.

7 minutes ago, jesusmr said:

Yes I can understand it but for an application that has already been on the market for months we should not lose functions that had already been added. I expected an upgrade not a downgrade in functions. So far I have not been able to change the icons for devices that are supposed to be something simple.

I finally got Mobilinc X to work and it does indeed look nice. I like the additional features such access to my programs. However I would agree that it is a pity that other features are missing, especially the dashboard view of Mobilinc Pro.

The group/folder view at the top needs some changes :

1. ability to change picture

2. ability to delete selected groups. I have groups in my Administrative Console that I don't need in Mobilinc X.

3. when I open a group to control or view a device, and then want to do same for a device in another group, then must click back and select the other group. It would be easier to be able just to slide the group icon to the left or to the right and access the other group.

I also noticed that every time I open Mobilinc X, it takes several seconds to get a fresh status of my ISY. Intuitively it seems longer than with Mobilinc Pro.

But what I miss most is the Dashboard view.

@jesusmr

On 12/24/2019 at 8:16 AM, jesusmr said:

what a disappointment to pay more for less just to make it look more "modern".

This may depend on your perspective. For Android users, MobiLinc X is light years ahead of the old MobiLinc Pro app and is feature parity with cameras and ELK and much more with iOS. If you were a power user on the older MobiLinc Pro/HD apps and are looking for the exact same features like iBeacons, MobiLinc X isn't there yet. When I made the decision to start over with a new app, I wanted to introduce a new layout with the goals of being fully cross platform and real-time sync everything. The app experience with the MobiLinc X subscription is far more advanced than anything else you can get for your ISY for app support. But, some of the more advanced features that were not heavily used on Pro/HD were not included on purpose. These may come to MobiLinc X. Please send me an email to support@mobilinc.com to let me know if you have iBeacon interest. 

Wes

@jesusmr

On 12/25/2019 at 12:58 PM, jesusmr said:

So far I have not been able to change the icons for devices that are supposed to be something simple.

Changing of icons is an Upvote Feature I'm tracking for those that have a MobiLinc X subscription. There are several features ahead of this that are currently at a higher priority (more upvotes). Features that don't require a cloud service, like icon changes, will come to both subscriptions and direct IP support when I can implement these.

Wes

@asbril

On 12/25/2019 at 1:14 PM, asbril said:

1. ability to change picture

On my to-do list

2. ability to delete selected groups. I have groups in my Administrative Console that I don't need in Mobilinc X.

Anything with a ~ at the start of the name is hidden.

3. when I open a group to control or view a device, and then want to do same for a device in another group, then must click back and select the other group. It would be easier to be able just to slide the group icon to the left or to the right and access the other group.

I'm looking into maybe adding this. 

I also noticed that every time I open Mobilinc X, it takes several seconds to get a fresh status of my ISY. Intuitively it seems longer than with Mobilinc Pro.

It's the same process as Pro. The dots at the top of the Home tab show you MobiLinc X is syncing in the background..but status is the very first thing that comes in. The same is happening on Pro...you just don't see it like you do in MobiLinc X. I might remove the dots and keep this hidden. It seems to be causing some confusion.

Wes

4 minutes ago, InsteonNut said:

@asbril

On my to-do list

Anything with a ~ at the start of the name is hidden.

I'm looking into maybe adding this. 

It's the same process as Pro. The dots at the top of the Home tab show you MobiLinc X is syncing in the background..but status is the very first thing that comes in. The same is happening on Pro...you just don't see it like you do in MobiLinc X. I might remove the dots and keep this hidden. It seems to be causing some confusion.

Wes

Thanks Wes,  

I look forward to the evolution as you describe it above. I will try adding the ~ in front of the groups that I don't want to see in Mobilinc. Please think of the dashboard view that I like so much in the Pro.

@asbril

One option to create a dashboard view is to hide the folders, Recently Used, and category cards under Settings->Current Account->ISY so that only the Favorites are showing.

Adding a tilde (~) doesn't do anything in the Admin Console. As far as I'm aware, the Admin Console doesn't hide anything regardless of name. Just tried it again here to confirm that a rename only does that. Is there a series of steps I can do to reproduce how a folder disappears?

Wes

2 minutes ago, InsteonNut said:

Adding a tilde (~) doesn't do anything in the Admin Consol

It did in my case and will try again later today or tomorrow. This is not major issue, as the folders that I prefer not see in MX are to the right, so it is easy to ignore. I will see how it shows with hiding the folders. Thanks for your support.

• 3 months later...

Hi @statay

If the local IP option is purchased, this gives access to your ISY over local IP address spaces (192.x, 10.x, etc). The Remote access option or the full all-inclusive bundle allows any IP or DNS space to be used to access your ISY including port-forwarded and ISY Portal.

Wes

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 6:43 AM, listen2this1 said:

If I remove the ISY portal and try the trial will I be able to reinstall the portal easily if I decide MobiLinc isn't the direction I want to go?

Yes, you can enable/disable the MobiLinc Portal as you see fit. The ISY would have to support both and currently it doesn't support two portals.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe slightly off-topic.  Recently Michel told us that all ISy accounts could now use the same login/password . I did this reset for my ISY Portal and then I realized that I also needed to make that change in my Mobilinc Pro.......

Archived