ISY not (fully) operating

asbril

52 minutes ago, asbril said:

The ISY has neither an open port or a DHCP Reservation. I double checked.

We're not talking about the ISY having an open port, but your network device (cable modem, DSL modem, or whatever it is you use to connect to the Internet).  You might be getting clobbered by a denial of service attack through an open port.

Also, without a DHCP reservation for your ISY, your ISY IP address could well have changed. 

Have you unplugged your Google WiFi equipment for 30 seconds, as well as your cable modem (or whatever modem you use that connects to your cable, phone line, fiber connection)?  You might just be dealing with scrambled routing tables in one of your network devices, somewhere upstream from your ISY.  You might consider restarting all your network gear, giving the network 10 minutes to stabilize after everything is restarted, then retry to connect to your ISY.  Your networking equipment may reinitialize upon restart and then be good to go.

And you should really think about about a DHCP reservation for your ISY and Polyglot server, so you'll always know their IP addresses.

2 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

We're not talking about the ISY having an open port, but your network device (cable modem, DSL modem, or whatever it is you use to connect to the Internet).  You might be getting clobbered by a denial of service attack through an open port.

Also, without a DHCP reservation for your ISY, your ISY IP address could well have changed. 

Have you unplugged your Google WiFi equipment for 30 seconds, as well as your cable modem (or whatever modem you use that connects to your cable, phone line, fiber connection)?  You might just be dealing with scrambled routing tables in one of your network devices, somewhere upstream from your ISY.  You might consider restarting all your network gear, giving the network 10 minutes to stabilize after everything is restarted, then retry to connect to your ISY.  Your networking equipment may reinitialize upon restart and then be good to go.

And you should really think about about a DHCP reservation for your ISY and Polyglot server, so you'll always know their IP addresses.

Thanks Bumbershoot. It is late now but I will do this all tomorrow.  Thanks

52 minutes ago, asbril said:

IP address of ISY did not change, and I never changed anything (such as static IP)  to the ISY settings as they come.

If you're ISY is default (DHCP) and the Google Wifi does not have a DHCP reservation defined for the ISY then how in the world have you kept the same IP address forever?  Suppose it is possible if you've never had the ISY disconnected from the network for any period of time.  Amazing actually. 

I think you'll have to wait for UDI and see if they can do a remote session to debug this but it all smells of a network issue.

6 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@asbril,

You have changed your HTTPS client settings and thus the issue (cannot make a secure connection). Please make sure you follow the instructions here:
Make sure your HTTPS Client Security Settings are set to TLS 1.2 and Strength of All and Verify is Unchecked by following Network Security Configuration guidelines

With kind regards,
Michel

I changed back to original setting of http (8070). 

In desperation of my ISY not working properly I wanted to try everything that I could think of but I realized that https did not resolve anything, so changed back. I have sent error log and more details in latest ticket.

8 hours ago, simplextech said:

I think you'll have to wait for UDI and see if they can do a remote session to debug this but it all smells of a network issue.

Yes I will wait for UDI.  I can not think of any change I could have made to my ISY settings before issue erupted, with installation of Mobilinc X being the only exception. I also had updated the Harmony Hub Nodeserber. I deleted both Mobilinc X and the Harmony NS, but IF these were the cause, then deleting them did not resolve it.

It is amazing how much I have come to rely on ISY.

I am greatly appreciative for Michel taking time on Sunday to resolve my issue.  It looked quite complicated and it included re-installing the firmware. Now it all works again. Thank you so much Michel.

I already reinstalled the Harmony Hub NS. Should I also  reinstall Mobilinc X ?

59 minutes ago, asbril said:

Should I also  reinstall Mobilinc X ?

There's probably no way anybody here can answer that.  Are you installing it to use the portal for MobiLinc connectivity, or are you connecting locally?  Also, can you give us an idea of what went wrong for you?  Was it an ISY configuration problem, a local network problem?

42 minutes ago, Bumbershoot said:

There's probably no way anybody here can answer that.  Are you installing it to use the portal for MobiLinc connectivity, or are you connecting locally?  Also, can you give us an idea of what went wrong for you?  Was it an ISY configuration problem, a local network problem?

Michel took remote control and went through my network settings. He went very fast and I'm not sure that I grasped everything. I do know that the resolution included reinstallation of 5.0.16.

I use ISY Portal and only considered Mobilinc X once it was to work with ISY Portal. I may try tomorrow but today I want to enjoy having ISY back on.   :-)

I am happy to report that my ISY is working again. I have a mystery however that I really can not explain :

I have a Group for one of my balconies (Balcony South) that includes 5 nodes. Two of these nodes are on an outdoor plug with 2 separate Zwave nodes.

These 2 nodes appear in the right "current state" window of my Administrative Console. One of these 2 nodes is part of a program that runs as always. However these 2 nodes have disappeared from the left "Network" window in the Administrative Console. I have checked that these have not moved to elsewhere in this list and anyway, in such case, they would not appear where they are now in the right "current state" window.

I have tried to remove the device with the intent to include it again, but it does not let me. Normally I can double click on any device in the "current state" window and then control it, but now double click does nothing with these two nodes.

I have never seen nodes in the right window that do not appear in the left window. I have ordered a new switch, but before disposing of this not properly working switch I would like to see if it can be saved from extinction.

bs.thumb.jpg.01ec7cc7f036d99c0ba37880c8d37da7.jpg

Just now, simplextech said:

I have to ask... why does it look like whiteout on your screen?  And it looks like you're taking a picture of your screen with your phone? or other camera?  Why?

Naughty simplextech......  I knew someone would ask :-)

I have my reasons ?

Just now, asbril said:

Naughty simplextech......  I knew someone would ask :-)

I have my reasons ?

Actually I don't care so much for what the whiteout is covering.  I'm more concerned about helping you enter the modern age of taking screenshots from your computer and being able to edit them without having to use your phone, email them to yourself, etc etc... :)

Whatever you may be hiding under the whiteout is your concern... if that is whiteout? :)

7 minutes ago, simplextech said:

Actually I don't care so much for what the whiteout is covering.  I'm more concerned about helping you enter the modern age of taking screenshots from your computer and being able to edit them without having to use your phone, email them to yourself, etc etc... :)

Whatever you may be hiding under the whiteout is your concern... if that is whiteout? :)

It is whiteout, for a personal reason. While I am a HA novice compared to you and many others in this forum, I  know how to post this picture directly from my computer, without using my phone. In this case, it was easier with the phone.

Now back to the topic, would you have any idea why these two nodes disappeared from the left "network" window in the AC ?

:) Ok.

It's odd that node remnant are still in the right panel but not in the node list.  You could try running a synchronize.  This will take a while with as many z-wave devices as you have but it will interrogate each node in the z-wave module db and isy and compare and synchronize them.

Admin Console Z-Wave menu -> Tools -> Synchronize Nodes -> All

Archived