Polisy Web Page Inaccessible

giomania

I just received my Polisy Pro, and it booted up fine with the seemingly normal beep sequence. It is on my network with a DHCP-assigned IP address, but I cannot connect to it either with the hostname (polisy) or the ip address. I am not sure what is going on. I tried Chrome and Edge, but received the same message on both:

This site can’t be reached

polisy’s server IP address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Hi Michele,

Yes, both devices are on the same subnet.

I use Ubiquiti UniFi, and I did some rearranging of the managed switch the policy is connected to prior to installation yesterday, but I went through all the ports on the switch to make sure they were on the same network.

I noticed in the wiki that the ISY needs to be on version five something and I’m still on four something, but I figured that would not affect the initial policy set up.

Thanks.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Mark,
In that case, something else is wrong. I have encountered a corrupted mongodb today. So, if you don't mind a remote session, please submit a ticket or send an email to support@Universal-devices.com.
With kind regards,
Michel

Thanks.

I emailed support and hopefully this isn’t some bonehead issue of my own making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm having the same problem. I could not connect via https://polisy so I tried with https://192.(ip address) and i got th the login screen, changed the admin password, set the time zone, and otherwise browsed the menus. At some point the Polisy stopped responding. I closed my browser and now cannot reconnect. I have power-cycled the polisy many times, I've reset it using the hole in the front. I have flushed the cashe in my browsers and my windows system cashes. I have tried it from Chrome, Firefox and Edge. I get the response that the device refused the connection. Sometimes I get the safe site warning but when I push past that I again get the device refused the connection.  I can see it on my router and I can ping it from my PC.

I have tried everything I can think of including a hard reset button in the hole in the front of the Polisy.

What else can I try to get connected?

I'm up and running with polisy but I have to say it took some fiddling.  Here's what worked for me in case it's helpful.  First the device booted up as expected with the proper sequence according to the  directions.  My router assigned an address and identified the device as polisy.  I cleared my java cache and then tried to connect with https://polisy.  This did not work on Edge, IE, or Chrome.  Tried the DCHP address.  No joy on Edge or IE.  On chrome, the device refused connection.  I noticed that my ISY was on 5.015 and downloaded and installed 5.016B.  Reset the polisy.  Same result.  Reset it again...and tried the browsers.  Was about to give up when Chrome finally worked but with the expected warning.  I was able to login, set the password etc. and install nodeservers.   Appeared to be working fine.  Established a static address for it in my router.  Made it a 'favorite' on Chrome.  Logged out and was able to log back in successfully even after rebooting the PC.  Still couldn't get it to come up Edge, IE.  It doesn't show up as a device on the network (I have only one) but Windows 10 is screwy about this.  The ISY shows up sometimes and sometimes not.  Tried Windows button +R with the static address...bingo it comes up in Edge.

I'm happy its working but will have to leave it to others to explain the behavior. 

UDI is a great company and I'm happy to support them...always responsive and the ISY is an extraordinarily useful, stable device that I've had for years.

On 12/27/2019 at 6:23 PM, Michel Kohanim said:

Hi @david-4,

Did you get a beep when you clicked the reset button on the front?

With kind regards,
Michel

@Michel Kohanim I have submitted a ticket. In trying to get the IP address changed so that the dashboard would work, the polyisy is now nowhere to be found on my network. Pushing the reset button does NOT create any beeps fyi. 

Archived