Old(er) Confused User

I’m too old to be playing with this stuff anymore, but when it’s not as frustrating as it is today, it’s a lot of fun!  At 79 I figured that I needed a faster computer. My Qosmio just isn’t as fast as I’d like. The new one makes it the sixth one in my house.  They’re not all mine however….my wife has one!

So now to make the new machine look, and act like the older one…    So far so good until I get to ISY.  For some reason I can’t get to it from this box.  All the others have no problem.  I’ve copied (either figuratively or literally) everything I think I need to the new system and, for the life, of me I’m stumped.

What am I doing wrong, or not doing at all?  I’m not unintelligent, but I am considerably forgetful these days.  Any offered help will be greatly appreciated. See the accompanying picture.

Thanks.

JLOB

damn1.jpg

I DO have Java installed. This is a new HP Zbook 17 G6, running Win 10 Pro.  For thirty-two hundred dollars it BETTER support Java!  Should I uninstall it?  I thought it was a necessity.  It's also installed on the other four system that regularly access ISY without problems.

Thanks.

J.

You need to not be using a web browser to start the admin console. Most web browsers now block java applications

To make your life easier, I would visit this post and follow the directions to install the ISY launcher. It cleanly finds the right version of admin console. It will put an icon that looks like this on your desktop. Double click that, instead of using the browser

image.png.85243dbc3830f2e6b49a9c77885a0bfd.png 

Paul

Paul,

Thanks for the response.  I DID have that icon and it didn't work on this box. (It works fine on the others.)  Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, I followed your link.  Cleared the Java files, and the result is below. 

Further thoughts?

Thanks.

J.

damn1.jpg

Seems like it can't find the ISY on the network.  Click add and put this in the URL box:

http://192.168.1.142/desc

Click "Save"

Click on the line that you just added and select "Admin Console" - may be a right click ..

username is admin.  Password is whatever you set.  Try admin for the password if you think that you didn't change it.

I'm not at all certain WHAT I did, or if I did ANYTHING, but today, both the ISY Admin Console Shortcut and the ISY Launcher work perfectly.  Thanks to all of you who offered suggestions. 

JLOB

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 2:17 PM, Mecheng70 said:

Seems like it can't find the ISY on the network.  Click add and put this in the URL box:

http://192.168.1.142/desc

Click "Save"

Click on the line that you just added and select "Admin Console" - may be a right click ..

username is admin.  Password is whatever you set.  Try admin for the password if you think that you didn't change it.

THAT did it!  Thanks.  The other approach (Java) had been working but today produced a weird error, or lack of function as it were.  In attempting to add a time parameter to one of my programs, I was able to select the hour, but the minutes and seconds options were greyed out!  The list box would appear, but was completely blank.  Running the launcher produce a UI that didn't have that problem.

JLOB

Archived