Alexa routines

redapplenine

50 minutes ago, redapplenine said:

What are peoples experiences with working with Alexa routines? Has anybody been successful in triggering an Alexa routine though ISY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The few I have setup worked ok.  There's a time lag to be expected but they worked when I tried them.  I had a couple basic TTS one's setup when a variable was presented as a motion sensor to speak through a echo dot I was messing with.

3 hours ago, redapplenine said:

What are peoples experiences with working with Alexa routines? Has anybody been successful in triggering an Alexa routine though ISY?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine all work fine. May be a slight delay of a few seconds and you can't trigger them more than about every 30 seconds each.
I use them to announce

• garage door 1 open
  • garage door 2 is open
  • both garage doors are closed
  • a leak detector has lost it's heartbeat
  • a motion detector has reported a low battery
  • motion has been detected in the workshop
  • security system is enabled
  • + a few more

In addition to what has already been said, mine work fine, but I don't have as many as I used to because when I first set up around a dozen of them, Amazon decided to update their system and I lost all of them.  I was a bit upset when that happened and only recreated a couple since I didn't want to have to keep recreating them everytime they had a whim to do a destructive update.  With that being said, they've never caused that to happen again.

On 1/19/2020 at 3:47 PM, simplextech said:

The few I have setup worked ok.  There's a time lag to be expected but they worked when I tried them.  I had a couple basic TTS one's setup when a variable was presented as a motion sensor to speak through a echo dot I was messing with.

I have several I use without noticeable delay.

• Coffee is ready general announcement and notification
  • Set all of the Echo devices to Do Not Disturb at night
  • Play one of 5 randomized announcements welcoming my wife and me home
  • Turn on Guard mode

I have noticed that doing announcements from all Aexa boxes can make it hard to understand the wording as the slight delays can make it sound so echoey, it is hard to decipher. Since I have restricted announcements to key areas of the house that are out of ear shod from each other.

Archived