Elk Integration documentation?

gatchel

gatchel,

The documentation you are referring to, alongside all the other new features in 2.5, do not exist yet and shall be available when 2.5 is released.

At a high level, the procedure is VERY simple:

1. Configure your lights/scenes the way you like them within ISY

2. On the Configuration tab, choose ELK and enter the ELK's M1XEP's IP and Port. Click on Save ... now ELK will communicate with ISY over the network

3. On the same pane, click on Export ELK Configuration and save it to a file

4. Go to ELK RP, right mouse click on lighting, choose Import. In the ensuing dialog choose Universal Devices' ISY-26, and then choose the configuration file exported from ISY

5. After the import is done, choose "Future Use" column for all the scenes/devices for which you do NOT want X10 commands sent out (X10 slows the response time)

6. Save it to ELK (using the Send button)

That's about it.

With kind regards,

Can someone point me to any available Elk - ISY integration information or documentation. I have done some basic searches and come up with very little.

I am considering purchasing the ISY or the codename 99.9 product and would like to do some reading up.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Michel,

I have set up an Elk M1 system and have exported ISY to Elk. I can see the ISY devices in the Elk system under lighting but when I set up a rule to use them nothing happens. It seems as if Elk and ISY still are not talking. Elk is plugged into an Ethernet Interface and that is connected to my network as is the ISY.

Also, do you know if i should be able to turn lighting devices off and on via the Elk RP ssoftware? I can't seem to find anyway to do so.

Mike B, any progress on your setup?

Ron

Hi Michel,

I have set up an Elk M1 system and have exported ISY to Elk. I can see the ISY devices in the Elk system under lighting but when I set up a rule to use them nothing happens. It seems as if Elk and ISY still are not talking. Elk is plugged into an Ethernet Interface and that is connected to my network as is the ISY.

Also, do you know if i should be able to turn lighting devices off and on via the Elk RP ssoftware? I can't seem to find anyway to do so.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Please make sure you have the latest firmware/bootware from ELK.

Make sure under Configuration/ELK tab you enter the IP address/Port for M1XEP and then press Save. If all is successful, then you will see the security panel at the top of Admin Console (under status bar). If you do not see the security panel, then ISY is not communicating with your ELK.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

Ron

Ron,

Hi. Just realized something!!! Make sure you are not running 2.4.13 since it has a bug where configuration settings are not stored --> cannot communicate with ELK.

With kind regards,

Michel

It's got to be a network thing....I think. i've tried several times but nothing. I can access the M1 via the network, can import the ISY file, devices show in Elk under lighting but cannot get a security tab in ISY.

Archived