ISY Log vs Excel

JLOB

Good Day,

I no longer get a good link to Excel when I try to see the ISY log from my ISY994I.  Excel launches, but with a partially shaded area and no data.  I also no longer see the option box that allows me to see the report ion color.  I have three other systems in my home and have no on any of those.  Has anyone ever experienced this behavior before?  If so, do you have any words of wisdom?

Thanks.

JLOB

20 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@JLOB,

Do you see a button with the caption Enable Content? If so, please click it.

With kind regards,
Michel

Not sure where to look for that button, but I don't see it anywhere, nor do I recall ever seeing it.  Is it a an Excel button, since that's where I end  up?

Thanks for the prompt response.

JLOB

2 hours ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@JLOB,

Do you see a button with the caption Enable Content? If so, please click it.

With kind regards,
Michel

Well that got me started in the right direction.  I never saw (or see)  Macro warnings since I use macros all the time and have the security warning tuned off.  I DID find a setting that looked like it might have a bearing, and now I see the detail in an Excel sheet (UDI-Report) just as I did before, but now I get an additional simultaneous sheet (UDI.xls) which has the greyed out area that I mentioned before.  It’s no problem to ignore the extraneous sheet.  I’ll go look at the other system to see what I’ve got fr security levels on those Excel installs.

Thanks for getting me to where I needed to be.

JLOB

Well that got me started in the right direction.  I never saw (or see)  Macro warnings since I use macros all the time and have the security warning tuned off.  I DID find a setting that looked like it might have a bearing, and now I see the detail in an Excel sheet (UDI-Report) just as I did before, but now I get an additional simultaneous sheet (UDI.xls) which has the greyed out area that I mentioned before.  It’s no problem to ignore the extraneous sheet.  I’ll go look at the other system to see what I’ve got fr security levels on those Excel installs.

Thanks for getting me to where I needed to be.

JLOB

You may consider trying older versions of office to see if this is compatibility issue. Coming from Office XP, 2007, 2013, 2016 will give you odd problems.

You can also use just the viewers to see if there are differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10 hours ago, Teken said:

You may consider trying older versions of office to see if this is compatibility issue. Coming from Office XP, 2007, 2013, 2016 will give you odd problems.

You can also use just the viewers to see if there are differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm OK now.  It took me many years to migrate all the way up to Excel 2016.  I can't backslide now!

Thanks.

JLOB

10 hours ago, Teken said:

Archived