Programs and using disabled programs to limit the number of conditions in the program

toddhutch

So I've seen the discussions about having many conditions in a program, and the problem with doing that.

-If one of the conditions being evaluated changes the conditions are reevaluated.

-If you have a number actions being executed, they will not complete if one of the conditions changes.

So is the magic bullet using disabled programs?  I've seen the logic around the state engine, which is more robust?

Does running the second program that is disabled disconnect the step from the first program?

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_ks_AclY=/

image.thumb.png.7c1d7c3c0fa0aa9da50f709f577118fe.png

Would it make more sense to break this out even more?

image.thumb.png.f9b08df7bbdb0d372d1e9c311f874140.png

Good afternoon @lilyoyo1

I think just about every type of need is in the house the bathroom toe light is a good example.

I have toe kick lights in the master bathroom that are dim able.  So during the day when there is motion in the bathroom, I turn the toe kick to 100%, at night I turn them to 15%, but if other lights are on in the bathroom, or one of the joining rooms lights are on then I turn it to 100%.  I turn the toes lights off when the motion detector signals off which is at 45 seconds.  BUT if the other lights in the bathroom are on, or on in the joining room, the toe kick lights don't get turned off until all of those other lights are turned off.

I have similar situation in the master closest, which I control the light in the closet the same way I control the toe light in the master bathroom.

I've had this working before with the state engine method of using variables, but it started to have a bit of a delay turning on.  Which if it's dark, is the last thing you want when walking into the room.  So in search of a more robust answer I've started trying the disabled programs, but now I'm not sure if the method is supported.  I see the option to disable or enable a program and I can see a way to do this using that.

It all comes down to trying to figure out what is the most robust, what puts the smallest load on the 994i, so motion triggered lights and other responses are as close to instant as possible.

47 minutes ago, toddhutch said:

Good afternoon @lilyoyo1

I think just about every type of need is in the house the bathroom toe light is a good example.

I have toe kick lights in the master bathroom that are dim able.  So during the day when there is motion in the bathroom, I turn the toe kick to 100%, at night I turn them to 15%, but if other lights are on in the bathroom, or one of the joining rooms lights are on then I turn it to 100%.  I turn the toes lights off when the motion detector signals off which is at 45 seconds.  BUT if the other lights in the bathroom are on, or on in the joining room, the toe kick lights don't get turned off until all of those other lights are turned off.

I have similar situation in the master closest, which I control the light in the closet the same way I control the toe light in the master bathroom.

I've had this working before with the state engine method of using variables, but it started to have a bit of a delay turning on.  Which if it's dark, is the last thing you want when walking into the room.  So in search of a more robust answer I've started trying the disabled programs, but now I'm not sure if the method is supported.  I see the option to disable or enable a program and I can see a way to do this using that.

It all comes down to trying to figure out what is the most robust, what puts the smallest load on the 994i, so motion triggered lights and other responses are as close to instant as possible.

I would create 2 folders that operate during the hours you want.

1- from sunrise to 1 minute before sunset allow these programs to run

2- sunset- to 1 minute before sunrise allow these programs to run. 

Drop the corresponding programs into each folder. 

1 hour ago, toddhutch said:

@lilyoyo1

Thank you for the suggestion, I'll try that today and see how it performs tonight.

Have you hear if there is any htop or task manager to see how much load the isy is under?

Not that I'm aware of. I highly doubt it's a load issue. The more programs you use for a single tasks simply increases the chance of something being missed 

Archived