Programming Help

JSchumann

Wise Forum,

I am trying to Program ISY to notify me if there is motion in the house after ELK is Fully Armed.  I am running into the problem where the motion sensors stay on for 30 seconds after they trip.  So I get a notification shortly after ELK is armed.

What I am using:

image.png.c36c742415cd00dd8d229a5e78e47a0c.png

I want to put a 35 second delay before the motion sensor, but the program will only allow the delay to be put in the 'Then' statement.  

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

John

First...you can right click on your programs, copy to clipboard, paste into forum post.

I would try something like this.

If
    elk is armed
Then
    Wait 30 seconds
    Enable program2  <--------------- or set $variable = 1, also init to 1
Else
    Wait 5 seconds
    Disable program 2   <------------- set $variable = 0, also init to 0

Program2
If
     MS is switched On
Then
     do whatever
Else
    ----

Of course, you could use a state variable also and make a folder conditional upon that variable being 1 and not 0
Put all your related  programs into that folder.
Be aware that turning the folder off will stop your programs dead and anything that requires finishing will need to be handled separately.

OR...

Use an Integer variable (not State) and Include that variable in all your program conditions

If
    MS is switched On
   AND
   $Variable is 1
Then
     MS actions
Else
     ------

• 3 weeks later...

Larry, I see where your first program gets into program 2.

My question is does program 2 sit and wait for a sensor activation, or act in the state it is in when enabled?

Then, if it does wait, how does Program 2 get disabled?  Program 1 has a disable statement, but would never get activated.

Thanks,

John

Archived