What triggers programs?

lhranch

8 hours ago, lhranch said:

Now see, here's a nugget of information I didn't have: the hub always queries all devices at least once every 24 hours. So it looks like I really don't need to run a timed loop to check my circuit breaker (once a day is plenty fine for me).

As long as your Query All program is still intact that may work. I assume your Decora light switch is an Insteon SwitchLinc, and not a Zwave device. I am not sure how the  Zwave querying works or if those devices are included.

The other point to note is: if you use the native triggering style ISY program system you will get a notice of failure at 3:00 AM, right after the query. You may want to do you own time controlled polling, or create a time delay notification "not in the middle of the night". I hate when that happens. :)

17 hours ago, lhranch said:

Now see, here's a nugget of information I didn't have: the hub always queries all devices at least once every 24 hours. So it looks like I really don't need to run a timed loop to check my circuit breaker (once a day is plenty fine for me).

I was thinking the 3am query was something people did via a program, not ISY doing it on its own.  I swear I used to have a program do that, but stopped because I would get programs running at 3am if the status of a device was corrected and that status was part of a program.

4 hours ago, apostolakisl said:

I was thinking the 3am query was something people did via a program, not ISY doing it on its own.  I swear I used to have a program do that, but stopped because I would get programs running at 3am if the status of a device was corrected and that status was part of a program.

My ISY came with one program installed. The 3:00 AM containing Query All. When people delete it they have no Query All. I have added a series of device off clean ups and delayed the query until 4:00 AM.

Gotta' love those alarms in the middle of the night.?  I mostly set flags and check them in the morning for lower urgency alarms like low batteries.

9 hours ago, larryllix said:

My ISY came with one program installed. The 3:00 AM containing Query All. When people delete it they have no Query All. I have added a series of device off clean ups and delayed the query until 4:00 AM.

Gotta' love those alarms in the middle of the night.?  I mostly set flags and check them in the morning for lower urgency alarms like low batteries.

OK, that explains it.  Yes, I deleted that program a long time ago.  I had some "status" programs and when the status changed at 3am because of a missed com earlier in the day, stuff would happen at 3am.  Most disconcerting was the occasional turning on of the whole house music system.  The WAF on that was quite low.  Also, I wasn't too fond of it either.

Archived