ISY gets slow, unresponsive, then won't work with Nodelink and externals

telljcl

Not sure at all what's going on, but to my knowledge nothing about my setup has changed.

Noticed Alexa / Portal was not working a few days ago, but that has since started working again, but around the same time I noticed my ISY is not communicating with Nodelink.

No ip addresses etc... have changed. 

It seems the ISY gets "busy" with something after it's been running awhile after reboot, and eventually (takes hours to maybe a half day to get to this point) begins refusing communication from things like Nodelink.

The ISY itself gets very sluggish responding to things, if at all, and if you bring up Admin Console it says "busy" at the bottom continually.

Any ideas on what could be going on? I'm on the latest 5.0.16c, and have been for months.

When first booting ISY and then launching Admin Console, it takes about 5 minutes for the ISY to finish being "busy" (checking device states?) then seems to work properly ("busy" at bottom left not lit, says "ready".... for awhile, anyway, before the above happens). I"m not sure it always took this long on boot, but maybe. I know when I first click the "programs" tab, it takes about 45 seconds to load that page, but I have a lot of programs. That's nothing new.

FWIW I have a Polisy, and one test node I put on it that the ISY communicates with, but I don't use it and it isn't in any programs or otherwise used. Was hoping Nodelink would run on Polisy but that doesn't look to be happening - don't really have a use for it so perhaps I should delete node and shut down Polisy, but it has been in this configuration for months.

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Michel Kohanim said:

@telljcl,

You need to use Event Viewer on Level 3 to see the traffic. Most of this issues, however, are because of a program in infinite loop (Running Then).

With kind regards,
Michel

Thanks Michel - I'll check level 3 event viewer, but only programs I see running "Then" are ones that are supposed to be. As far as I can tell, anyway.

It takes a while of ISY "Up time" before this issue arises.

Archived