Can't Install 2.4.12

shpegel

shpegel,

I am so very sorry to hear this. By any chance, do you have McAfee firewall software running?

With kind regards,

Michel

When I try to do the install of 2.4.12 it stops with an error at about 35% done. It says:

Upgrade Failed: Invalid Length

What am I doing wrong?

I have tried downloading it again, no change.

Thanks,

Howard

Hi Michel,

No, I don't run McAfee. I use Eset's NOD32 for Virus software and the Window standard firewall.

I disabled both and tried again with no change. I did notice that it is more around 38% percent when the failure occurs.

Thanks,

Howard

Howard,

Please try the following:

On the NOD32's Control Center:

Click on IMON

On the IMON Setup Screen click on the HTTP tab In the Setup box, uncheck "Enabled HTTP checking"

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

No, I don't run McAfee. I use Eset's NOD32 for Virus software and the Window standard firewall.

I disabled both and tried again with no change. I did notice that it is more around 38% percent when the failure occurs.

Thanks,

Howard

I will be happy to do that.

Although, I have had the ISY-26 in service for less than a week, it has really impressed me. It installed easily and has worked nearly flawlaessly. I did have a problem changing the password, but the Beta has fixed that.

My home automation needs are relatively modest compared to most I read about here. Just a few lights and an espresso machine going off and on. My primary interest is the handling and notification of household events like water leaks and equipment failures.

Much of what I thought I would need to do on my own has already been implemented in the ISY-26 saving me many hours of programming.

It would be helpful to me if support for I/O devices like the EZIO8 expanded as I will monitor devices via dry contacts and control other ones like solenoid controlled valves. Perhaps you can suggest better devices for the handling of this type of I/O.

Thanks for the superb support and I will update you as I go.

Howard

I am so glad that you got it to work. The best thing you can do for us is to give us feedback!

Thanks so very much and with kind regards,

Michel

Howard,

You are most welcome and it's our pleasure!

As far as I/O devices, we really wished we could support EZIO alas the cost of support/maintenance currently far outweighs the demand.

I will surely let you know if our support status changes or if I find other INSTEON I/O devices which we could support.

With kind regards,

Michel

I will be happy to do that.

Although, I have had the ISY-26 in service for less than a week, it has really impressed me. It installed easily and has worked nearly flawlaessly. I did have a problem changing the password, but the Beta has fixed that.

My home automation needs are relatively modest compared to most I read about here. Just a few lights and an espresso machine going off and on. My primary interest is the handling and notification of household events like water leaks and equipment failures.

Much of what I thought I would need to do on my own has already been implemented in the ISY-26 saving me many hours of programming.

It would be helpful to me if support for I/O devices like the EZIO8 expanded as I will monitor devices via dry contacts and control other ones like solenoid controlled valves. Perhaps you can suggest better devices for the handling of this type of I/O.

Thanks for the superb support and I will update you as I go.

Howard

I am so glad that you got it to work. The best thing you can do for us is to give us feedback!

Thanks so very much and with kind regards,

Michel

• 1 year later...

I am getting the "Upgrade Failed:Invalid Length" error trying to update from 2.6.8 to 2.6.12. It seems that the amount of data transferred to the ISY-99i varies; typically is perhaps 5% to 15% (just a guess, though).

Actually, I first see this error message:

"Upgrade Failed :java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."

Then I see the Invalid Length message.

I am not running any anti-virus software.

I am have disabled the Windows Firewall.

I just re-booted my XP SP3 box and it should be pretty clean.

Nothing interesting as far as I can tell in the Java Console (I am running Version 6, Update 11).

Any help would be appreciated.

I am getting the "Upgrade Failed:Invalid Length" error trying to update from 2.6.8 to 2.6.12. It seems that the amount of data transferred to the ISY-99i varies; typically is perhaps 5% to 15% (just a guess, though).

Actually, I first see this error message:

"Upgrade Failed :java.io.IOException: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine."

Then I see the Invalid Length message.

I am not running any anti-virus software.

I am have disabled the Windows Firewall.

I just re-booted my XP SP3 box and it should be pretty clean.

Nothing interesting as far as I can tell in the Java Console (I am running Version 6, Update 11).

Any help would be appreciated.

I can't help much except that I thought I remember reading about a similar problem and it turned out the person was trying to install the firmware for the ISY-26 rather than the 99...are you sure you have the right file? Just a thought...

Hello johnradams,

Apologies for a tardy reply. The errors you see in the console (connection aborted by host machine) means that "your" computer aborted the connection. This happens 99% of the time because of a firewall or anitvirus software. The other 1% might be due to a switch between your ISY and your computer.

If you wish, we can try the upgrade remotely (if you have remote access enabled). If so, please send your URL to support@universal-devices.com and we'll take a look at it.

With kind regards,

Michel

Yes, I just checked and confirmed that I am downloading the correct binary.

I also located the 2.6.13 release, but (as you might expect) got the same installation error.

Ideas?

Archived