SonosController NodeServer

simplextech

1 hour ago, Michel Kohanim said:

All, all systems are running smoothly but the number of Sonos node servers has increased by 10. So, to summarize, shortening the poll did have any impact or not?

With kind regards,
Michel

Not conclusive, apparently.  I suspect that lengthening the shortPoll value from 60 seconds to 1800 had a positive impact on the SSL errors I was getting.  However, @bcdavis75 reported an SSL error with his shortPoll value set to 1800, so maybe not...  I set my shortPoll value to 900 and will let it run.

Thinking of the PGC architecture of the container instances in the K8 cluster I have to ask if they are all going outbound through a single K8 egress?  The errors everyone gets are disconnects from upstream.....

What's the statistics from the K8 cluster egress?  How about AWS egress stats?  Could this not be a Sonos API disconnect but more localized?

Interesting.  Based on timing, I wonder if I expiernce errors that are common to all of us and then some that are unique to my environment?

Next time mine fails and your doesn't, I'll upload the log.  I wonder if there's enough detail in the error to differentiate?  I'm not techinical enough to know myself.

46 minutes ago, bcdavis75 said:

Well... things are in a weird state. now.  A couple days ago it failed. I tried restating and it SEEMS to restarted however, the current status says 'disconnected' on the dashboard.

I believe I had updated to your new version prior to this failure.

sonoscontroller-0021b902512a-2 (4).txt 41.95 kB · 0 downloads

I just did a re-install on my working iSY and it's not fully installing or working.  It doesn't get to the installed state for me of prompting for OAuth even.  I don't know what is going on.  I'll look at it when I can.  I just came back from the dentist with a double extraction.  Fun!  So I'm not going to be functional for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I havn't been posing every instance but just wanted to mention that the behavior generally hasn't changed.  The node had to be restarted for me every few days and doesn't seem to be impacted by the lenthend short poll.

I have a question on a separate topic though too which relates to both the polisy and PGC nodes;  I have have nodes that should be removed related to zones I got rid of or appeared for reasons I'm entirely sure of.  It's not clear to me how to remove an individual node.

29 minutes ago, bcdavis75 said:

I havn't been posing every instance but just wanted to mention that the behavior generally hasn't changed.  The node had to be restarted for me every few days and doesn't seem to be impacted by the lenthend short poll.

Sorry to hear this.  With the nature of the cloud it seems everyone has different experiences and it's very difficult to isolate all possibilities. 

31 minutes ago, bcdavis75 said:

I have have nodes that should be removed related to zones I got rid of or appeared for reasons I'm entirely sure of.  It's not clear to me how to remove an individual node.

Nodes are created based on what's in your Sonos online account.  You can remove the nodes from the Polyglot UI.  Go to the NodeServer and click the "Nodes" button.  Next to the nodes on the right is an "X" labeled Delete.  That will delete the node from the ISY.  However if the device still exists in your Sonos account it will be recreated on restart.

Archived