Using Micro Open / Close for Lights?

I just bought a new house in July, and was waiting for the labor day sale to buy all my devices for the new house.  It appears they're sold out of micro lighting modules (both on / off and dimmer), but they have micro open / close modules.  Does anyone see any reason I can't use the open / close module for lighting control?  I figure I'll just use one of the relays and program it to stay on whenever the corresponding scene is set, rather than with a timer.  Just figured I should check with the experts before spending $250 on those devices if they won't work for some reason.  

Edited because I wrote "On / Off" instead of "Open / Close" for some reason...

32 minutes ago, SiberianGnome said:

I just bought a new house in July, and was waiting for the labor day sale to buy all my devices for the new house.  It appears they're sold out of micro lighting modules (both on / off and dimmer), but they have micro open / close modules.  Does anyone see any reason I can't use the open / close module for lighting control?  I figure I'll just use one of the relays and program it to stay on whenever the corresponding scene is set, rather than with a timer.  Just figured I should check with the experts before spending $250 on those devices if they won't work for some reason.  

Edited because I wrote "On / Off" instead of "Open / Close" for some reason...

Ive never tried it in that manner to answer definitively. If no one has an answer for you, you could always purchase, try it and return if it doesnt work.

I don't think that will work.

Part of the setup of the Open/Closed module is how long it keeps the open or closed output On. It is designed to run a motors direction for a determined time and then turn off. So power is not always on the open or closed motor winding indefinitely.

Though I have no information on the output can be set to On or Off with no timeout.

Archived