MobiLinc - I just don't get it

Paid $20 for the app.  Paid $15 for the ISY module (which I've installed, enabled and registered).  The whole process is just frustrating.  I just want to control my X10 devices from my iPhone.

I login to my.isy.io and can see my UDI device and the correct UDI.  I can control via the web interface no problem.

On my iPhone: Dashboard is blank. Go to Settings->Lighting Controller.  Host type: MobiLinc Connect, Status: Not Registered.  If I click "Tap to Sync with ISY", nothing happens.  If I click on "Not Registered", I click "Already Have an Account".  E-mail and password already filled in (I re-entered password three times just to make sure).  If I click "Log In", I get "Failed to Register, Invalid UUID".  If I click "Associate new ISY with Account", I get "Error received".

I do not understand the relationship between my ISY, my new ISY web account and the app on the iPhone.  On the https://my.isy.io/index.htm site, I see the UUID listed and a green light (which I've read other posts indicates I'm good to go.  On my ISY Java page, under Configuration/Portals page, in the "Portal Integration - UDI" group box, it says "Online  Registered".

Is there a "MobiLinc for Dummies" page here?

There is an entire subforum for MobiLinc. I've got the steps below, but if you still need help go look in the Mobilinc section and see if you find the help you need.

https://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/35-mobilinc/

Are you trying to connect while home or while away from the home network/ISY? 

Some connection help for while away from home: http://forum.mobilinc.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=413&sid=334b8021ec3185f32f3d74a5c8db904f (they now support ISY Portal access so you might not have to port forward. 

But, to try to help with basic setup...I have the MobiLinc HD so hopefully Pro is the same way.

1 - click the menu icon in the top left (3 dots/lines)

2 - Settings

3 - lighting controller

4 - Type - select ISY Series

5 - User/Password (admin console login - for local if at home or ISY Portal login if you are going to directly connect through ISY portal)

6 - local HTTP/port - this is the local IP address. I think can leave blank if connecting through ISY Portal address. If local (and using IP) the port is usually 80

7 - Secure HTTPS - your external facing IP address and port if you're port forwarding - Otherwise, use ISY Portal secure address found at my.isy.io.  (Admin Console URL)

When you're on my.isy.io look at "select tool" -> information -> ISY Information  -- You want to copy the URL for "Admin Console URL" - this ends with "desc"

8 - Connect method - If only using the ISY Portal URL then change this to SECURE Connect (HTTPS), but if you're using a local IP for when you're home and port forwarding when away you can change this to "AUTO" and it works well. 

The UUID should fill in once it's able to make a connection, but hit "Tap to sync with ISY" once you have the URL and user/password entered and it should sync.

Be sure to allow auto sync over wifi and cell!

Then you can go back out and look at devices. Each device you want to appear on the dashboard needs to be added to the dashboard individually. Click on the menu again to get back to seeing the options. Click on "DEVICES" and then each device should be shown. Click on a device and then turn on "Dashboard Device" option if you want it on the dashboard (usually the first screen to load when launching the app.

Hope that helps.

Geddy:

Thanks for the quick reply.  I've tried MobiLinc and ISY direct and still cannot connect.  I just do not understand the relationship between my ISY controller, my (new) isy.io website and the iPhone app.  All I want to do is turn my X10 devices on and off in my home, while I'm sitting at home on my WiFi.  Could care less about controlling anything while away from home.  That's why I have the ISY controller programmed to turn lights on and off on a schedule.  Would just like to override it occasionally.

Did you go through the setup listed above? If you are just trying to do it while home then just use the local IP for your ISY (found in the help/about in the admin console = "MY URL").

Put this IP in the HTTP line

Use your local admin login (user/pass) and set connection to HTTP

"Connect Method" Plain Text Connect (HTTP).

Should get you in while you're at home.

There's nothing to do with the ISY portal if you're using Mobilinc while within your network. 

Make sure you also didn't sign up for Mobilinc Connect as the two portals would be fighting. But you said above that the admin console shows "online/registered" so it's fine just using the ISY portal. 

Maybe take a screen shot of your phone once you make sure the local IP and user/pass are entered (remember user will be "ADMIN" and pass is whatever you've changed it to in admin console). 

Here is how mine looks currently:

image.thumb.png.4e2e74df493071a51243b9d9bbda8953.png

1 hour ago, john410 said:

Paid $20 for the app.  Paid $15 for the ISY module (which I've installed, enabled and registered).  The whole process is just frustrating.  I just want to control my X10 devices from my iPhone.

I login to my.isy.io and can see my UDI device and the correct UDI.  I can control via the web interface no problem.

On my iPhone: Dashboard is blank. Go to Settings->Lighting Controller.  Host type: MobiLinc Connect, Status: Not Registered.  If I click "Tap to Sync with ISY", nothing happens.  If I click on "Not Registered", I click "Already Have an Account".  E-mail and password already filled in (I re-entered password three times just to make sure).  If I click "Log In", I get "Failed to Register, Invalid UUID".  If I click "Associate new ISY with Account", I get "Error received".

I do not understand the relationship between my ISY, my new ISY web account and the app on the iPhone.  On the https://my.isy.io/index.htm site, I see the UUID listed and a green light (which I've read other posts indicates I'm good to go.  On my ISY Java page, under Configuration/Portals page, in the "Portal Integration - UDI" group box, it says "Online  Registered".

Is there a "MobiLinc for Dummies" page here?

Note that the ISY Portal (i.e. my.isy.io) and Mobilinc Connect are two different portal style connections to the ISY.

I'm not sure what version of Mobilinc you purchased was it Pro?  If so,

Host type: ISY

Username:  (username for my.isy.io)

Password: (password for my.isy.io)

Local Http: (skip)

local port 80

Secure Https: my.isy.io

secure port 443

Connect Method: Auto

17 hours ago, MrBill said:

Note that the ISY Portal (i.e. my.isy.io) and Mobilinc Connect are two different portal style connections to the ISY.

I'm not sure what version of Mobilinc you purchased was it Pro?  If so,

Host type: ISY

Username:  (username for my.isy.io)

Password: (password for my.isy.io)

Local Http: (skip)

local port 80

Secure Https: my.isy.io

secure port 443

Connect Method: Auto

Thank you.  What I did not understand was that I needed to set Host type to ISY and the username same as I login to the ISY, not the new username I used to setup the my.isy.io account.  I can now control my X10 devices from my iPhone.  I'm guessing that this won't work if I'm outside the home (out of range of WiFi).  Did I waste $15 signing up for that service?  I'm guessing I did.

I am disappointed that I still can't dim my X10 lamps, at least I'm not seeing it on the phone.  Videos on the website for MobiLinc showed the app being able to dim lights.

1 hour ago, john410 said:

Thank you.  What I did not understand was that I needed to set Host type to ISY and the username same as I login to the ISY, not the new username I used to setup the my.isy.io account.  I can now control my X10 devices from my iPhone.  I'm guessing that this won't work if I'm outside the home (out of range of WiFi).  Did I waste $15 signing up for that service?  I'm guessing I did.

I am disappointed that I still can't dim my X10 lamps, at least I'm not seeing it on the phone.  Videos on the website for MobiLinc showed the app being able to dim lights.

The directions that I supplied use my.isy.io, and works whether you are home or away.   You have mobilinc currently configured to work on your local network only.    If you use my.isy.io you will need to change the credentials to the new username you used on my.isy.io.

WOW! Guess you didn't actually follow the help in my first reply as you would have been up and running with that. As MrBill points out his instructions would have also allowed you to operate while out of the house. But your initial reply said, "Could care less about controlling anything while away from home." Now you're bashing it because you can't do what you said you didn't want/need to do?

Now...to Dim/Brighten you need to click the gear icon in the lower right of the device button on the dashboard. You should have a "brighten" and "dim" setting. You should also have a slider bar that you can move left-right to do the same. That is...if your x10 device is a dimmer unit, and MobiLinc supports it as such. 

You can adjust the preset app brighten/dim rate in the settings under "MobiLinc Settings" and change that to a pre-set percentage for each tap. (i.e. 10% increments, 5% increment, etc)

Stop bashing a great product simply because you don't know how to use it yet. You bought an old version of a product that is still being supported. You could have purchased the newer app and subscribed to their system that might work for you. 

Good luck! 

Archived