Programs and "Replace Device"

yardman 49

Hello all:

Historically, when using the "Replace" device functionality, a device that had been used in a program would not be overwritten with the new device identity. You had to manually go through your programs to re-add the new device in place of the old one.

Has this functionality been changed as of firmware 2.7.5? Will it now replace all instances of the device in programs with the replacement device?

If not, will this functionality eventually be added?

Thanks

Hi Frank,

History is against us: we have not yet had a chance to address this issue. Unfortunately, it does not have a high priority and thus I cannot give you an exact date.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello all:

Historically, when using the "Replace" device functionality, a device that had been used in a program would not be overwritten with the new device identity. You had to manually go through your programs to re-add the new device in place of the old one.

Has this functionality been changed as of firmware 2.7.5? Will it now replace all instances of the device in programs with the replacement device?

If not, will this functionality eventually be added?

Thanks

Hi Frank,

History is against us: we have not yet had a chance to address this issue. Unfortunately, it does not have a high priority and thus I cannot give you an exact date.

With kind regards,

Michel

Greeting, Michel:

Thanks much for your reply.

If I could make a pitch for this functionality, it would be one of "user friendliness". For instance, just from not having to makes changes to my system for many months, I would be hard-pressed to tell you what programs may be using a particular device.

So for myself (or someone that may buy my house in the future), it would be excellent to have the ability to somewhat "mindlessly". do a device Replace, with all the "jots and tittles" being taken care of, so to speak.

And thanks for all the great work on the firmware updates!

Best wishes,

One thing to remember is that you don't have to manually change each one, you can replace all instances of a device in all programs by using the "Find/Replace" function (from the Right-Click menu on the programs page).

Hello Chris:

Thanks! I've never tried that!

I'll give it try sometime.

Best wishes,