ISY reboot delay because of ELK Module

jca001

I purchased the ELK Module and ELK M1 a while back with plans to install it, but have not gotten around to doing it yet. I had a need to reboot my ISY and noticed it delays during the reboot for about 4 minutes doing Get ELK Topology. During the delay it does not run any of the programs that are marked to run at Startup. This is causing a problem because one of them is a program that updates several State Variables with the current Date and Time from System Variables so they can be tested by other programs.

Is there a way to keep make ISY not get the ELK Topology at reboot until I have implemented it?

@Michel KohanimI was mislead by what was showing up in the Event Viewer. When my ISY reboots I have a program called Boot_Check that is set to run a boot time. It calls a couple of other programs like the one that sets some State Variables for date and time from the values of the System Variables. Then it waits for 2 minute and sends me an email and text. The wait is because I assume the ISY will only reboot if there is a power failure and this gives time for all my network equipment to get on-line. When I did not receive a text after the 2 minute I accessed my ISY and brought up the Event Viewer and the last message was Get ELK Topology and then about minute later other messages started being shown. So I assumed it was waiting for the ELK Topology to complete. My Boot_Check starts a program called Tic_Toc that updates the same State Variable I stated above every 5 seconds and it was not running. Well it was running but not going betern the THEN and ELS every 5 seconds.

It seems the Query all has the highest priority and other programs do run until it completes. I have noticed this when it runs at 03:01 each night that my Tic_Toc program gets delayed.

So I have disabled the Query at boot and added the Query All as the last thing in my Boot_Check program so other things get a chance to get started first.

Archived