Linked device has 3 components

I'm struggling to understand what each of the 3 components are created when I link something like a motion sensor.

How can these be utilized in scenes or programming and why do they all have the same fields under the "options" tab?

I would like to try to tray their heartbeat. It was suggested using the dusk and dawn component, but I don't see either when I link this device.

I really don't even understand how I would use it as a motion trigger as I don't see a variable that acknowledges or changes with motion.

30 minutes ago, PB11 said:

I'm struggling to understand what each of the 3 components are created when I link something like a motion sensor.

How can these be utilized in scenes or programming and why do they all have the same fields under the "options" tab?

I would like to try to tray their heartbeat. It was suggested using the dusk and dawn component, but I don't see either when I link this device.

I really don't even understand how I would use it as a motion trigger as I don't see a variable that acknowledges or changes with motion.

It would help greatly if you told us the device you were using, along with firmware and UI

Archived