Action: Setting KPL Load Level

rlebel

I'm still digging through documentation and forums, so I'm sure this is explained somewhere, but: why can't I set the level of the KPL load in an action? I can set a standalone dimmer level, but the only choices for the KPL load are "On" and "Off"? Is this a limitation in the commands available to send to a KPL? Is there a workaround?

Thanks

rlebel,

I assume that by Action you mean the Action in Then part of a program. So, if your KPL is IN FACT a dimmer and NOT a relay, then you should have all the on levels listed from 1% to 99%.

If you are trying to set the ON LEVEL for your KPL so that it when you turn it on physically it turns on to that level, then you should use a scene.

With kind regards,

Michel

rlebel,

I assume that by Action you mean the Action in Then part of a program. So, if your KPL is IN FACT a dimmer and NOT a relay, then you should have all the on levels listed from 1% to 99%.

If you are trying to set the ON LEVEL for your KPL so that it when you turn it on physically it turns on to that level, then you should use a scene.

With kind regards,

Michel

Yes, I do mean the Action in the Then part, and my KPLs are properly recognized as 2486D units, but they don't have the 1-99% in the dropdown, just the 100% and 0%. My other dimmers do, however, have 0, 1, 2, ... 100% dropdowns.

In a Scene I am allowed to set the KPLs on level, but not in the Action after Then.

If it matters I am on a Mac.

Hi rlebel,

This is extremely odd. Have you recently upgraded your ISY? Perhaps you should clear the Java cache and try it again. If all fails, please let me know the version as reported by ISY for your KPL.

With kind regards,

Michel

rlebel,

With kind regards,

Michel

Yes, I do mean the Action in the Then part, and my KPLs are properly recognized as 2486D units, but they don't have the 1-99% in the dropdown, just the 100% and 0%. My other dimmers do, however, have 0, 1, 2, ... 100% dropdowns.

In a Scene I am allowed to set the KPLs on level, but not in the Action after Then.

If it matters I am on a Mac.

Hi rlebel,

This is extremely odd. Have you recently upgraded your ISY?

The ISY is about a week old, I upgraded it to 2.7.6 before I did much setup.

Perhaps you should clear the Java cache and try it again. If all fails, please let me know the version as reported by ISY for your KPL.

With kind regards,

Michel

The KPLs mostly report v.36. Perhaps you should log in to my system? Tell me how to send you the log in information.

Hi rlebel,

I do think it would be best for us to login to your computer (or access your ISY remotely) to see where the problem is.

You can either call us to schedule an appointment or submit a ticket: http://www.universal-devices.com/contact.htm .

I am so very sorry for the problems you've been having.

With kind regards,

Michel

Ticket submitted along with login information. Have fun!

Thanks so very much for letting us get to your system. Indeed this was a bug which is already fixed and included in 2.7.7.

Thanks again and with kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel,

I just replaced a Icon 6 button kpl with an 8 button kpl (v.36) and have the same problem. But the v.33 6 button kpl's (which I recently converted to 8 button) didn’t exhibit this problem. I am on version 2.7.6 now and I believe I was on version 2.7.6 at the time of conversion. Is this a problem with v.36?

Will we have to uninstall/reinstall the kpl after installing 2.7.7?

Thanks,

Tim

Very good. Thank you riebel. I am looking forward to the release of 2.7.7.

I have a few programs which will not work correctly until selection of percent on levels is available. I wonder if just setting the on selection instead will work? I will have to try it.

Thanks again,

Tim

Archived