UD Mobile Release Announcements

Javi

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I have this same issue on my Pixel 3XL where it doesn't respond to touching for many seconds, then start working. 

Glad it's not just me. It's inconsistent though. Sometimes it works fine and next click doesn't> I haven't figured out the pattern.

Glad it's not just me. It's inconsistent though. Sometimes it works fine and next click doesn't> I haven't figured out the pattern.
Yes, Javi mentioned it's related to having an older slower phone, now that my warranty is expired hopefully I'll like the Pixel 6 Pro when it's available later this year...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, DaveStLou said:

@Javi Great stuff! I'm reconfiguring now.

Question - Is there a way to have a node that just display the status of a switch without the function of turning it on and off?

Also, frequently the elements of the app do not respond to my tap (Android v.0.82) on Android 12 my Pixel 3 XL. I've found that clicking back and forth between the Home and Favorites allows clicking to resume. This has been happening since the grid layout was introduced.

Version 0.83 Will have a Status Only Type.  Also added icons for all types (top left of favorite tile) except for status only.

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Was really hoping this was in the Favorites Command.  One button to execute the if of a program.

This is now possible with Command Type

4 hours ago, DennisC said:

I'm having the same issue.

Please let me know if it persists in 0.83

Version 0.83 should be available later today or early tomorrow.

With 0.83 Running a program from favorites command works great, thank you!

When I initially opened after updating to 0.83 I was able to immediately select a node, but then backed out and tried to select again and it took many seconds before it worked.  Now I tried it again and used widget to open favorites, clicked on a folder and it worked right away, but couldn't select a folder at that level for many seconds.

Also, when opened the app, select a node and change it's status, the status doesn't change even after waiting many seconds, then I back out and the status on the icon is correct.  We discussed this a while back and it seemed to have been improved, but now it's happening again.

Still loving that app and the progress!

I'm seeing the delay much less frequently. My experience is much like Jimbo's.

The workaround I've noticed is if favorites are not responding, I click the Home button and then right back to Favorites and it immediately responds. Hopefully that may help you with what's happening under the hood.

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Agree!

17 hours ago, Javi said:

Version 0.83 Will have a Status Only Type.  Also added icons for all types (top left of favorite tile) except for status only.

Thank you!

Though, unless I'm missing something, I am unable to edit again once I change a node to "Status Only".

14 hours ago, DennisC said:

I'm still seeing the delay until touching a selection will actually work, but as mentioned it's not all the time.

15 hours ago, Jimbo said:

With 0.83 Running a program from favorites command works great, thank you!

When I initially opened after updating to 0.83 I was able to immediately select a node, but then backed out and tried to select again and it took many seconds before it worked.  Now I tried it again and used widget to open favorites, clicked on a folder and it worked right away, but couldn't select a folder at that level for many seconds.

Is there a spinning progress indicator when this is happening?   If a progress indicator is present the app is awaiting query completion.  Older/slower devices or adding programs/variables to the initial status request will have longer delays.  When testing with the original Pixel XL the delays are about 15-25 seconds for my main system, testing on a Pixel 4XL has fractions of a second delay.

15 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Also, when opened the app, select a node and change it's status, the status doesn't change even after waiting many seconds, then I back out and the status on the icon is correct.  We discussed this a while back and it seemed to have been improved, but now it's happening again.

Does this happen with a specific node or all nodes?   I recall this was happening in the past but the app was deleted before a backup could be sent to us.  The node dashboard query is very complex, iOS would completely lockup with the same query, however I have not see the issue on Android even with my original Pixel as the main test device.

4 hours ago, DaveStLou said:

Thank you!

Though, unless I'm missing something, I am unable to edit again once I change a node to "Status Only".

This is fixed in 0.84.  should be available soon. 

Thanks @Jimbo,

I can not reproduce either issue, although it could be related to the complex sql queries.  The only unresponsive click I can reproduce has a progress bar on the center of the screen as the app is waiting for the query to complete, and only on the older android device for the first 15- 25 seconds after open.  This is caused by slow process time on database insertions for Status values (about 150 nodes and 700 status values).  After initial subscription insertions the progress is less than one second.

As mentioned this would completely lock up iOS, so it could just be failing silently on Android resulting in no update. My logs suggest this is not happening, but if it is silent it is not showing. Changing this would be a fairly large change, so I would like to be sure this is the case before changing anything. 

Can you please email me a copy of the backup and we will continue by email, I may need to connect to your system(s) to reproduce the issues.

Alpha 0.85

Fixed negative number raw input. Changed Favorites Tab query method to fix dropping queries for large systems.  Added equality verification before Favorites Tab query data refresh, fixes unresponsive click. Increased heartbeat timeout to 2 minutes to fix large systems not completing initial socket data transfer within 60 seconds. Database socket insertions will no longer continue insertions after ISY Subscription service is destroyed.

On 7/28/2021 at 7:48 PM, Javi said:

Alpha 0.85

Fixed negative number raw input. Changed Favorites Tab query method to fix dropping queries for large systems.  Added equality verification before Favorites Tab query data refresh, fixes unresponsive click. Increased heartbeat timeout to 2 minutes to fix large systems not completing initial socket data transfer within 60 seconds. Database socket insertions will no longer continue insertions after ISY Subscription service is destroyed.

I used the app extensively this morning and saw no delays at all on my Pixel 3 XL.

3 hours ago, DaveStLou said:

I used the app extensively this morning and saw no delays at all on my Pixel 3 XL.

I have been using the App (IOS) extensively for weeks and never had an issue of delay or otherwise.

Android Alpha 0.87

Added Polyglot MQTT Models and repository. Added Polyglot cloud classes. Node Servers are now visible, not yet editable. Added new Portal (cloud) ISY picker. Fixed Test System on Local Connection for urls ending with slash or empty space.

Edit 08/07/2021

Android Alpha 0.88

Fixed crash when mqtt client disconnect called when not connected. Fixed mqtt client restart when fragment resumed. Favorites Empty view card is now shown in edit mode. Program enable status value now updates both node_status_relations and devices tables. Subscription tag eventInfo is now only parsed for programs.

• 3 weeks later...

Android Alpha 0.92 - 0.89

Sync required!

This release has mapped human readable data for program If/then/else data with limited exceptions which are listed below. Editing, adding, and adjusting programs is not yet implemented. To view program data open a program to its dashboard (values/commands screen) then click the program icon at the top of the screen.

Sync required to obtain Node Definition Command Sends (<nodeDef><cmd><sends>) objects, and Link Definitions objects for use in Program mapping.  Without sync many values will be raw non-human-readable values.

Please report if data is not mapped or is not correct except in cases listed below and only after synchronization.

Program Mapping will be raw for the following Items:

#1) Scene Consequent (then/else) mapping for commands which are not available in UD Mobile (i.e. Scene Thermostat commands)

#2) Wake on Lan Consequent (then/else) values as UD Mobile does not yet parse WOL.

#3) Notify Consequent (then/else) value as UD Mobile does not yet parse Emails/Notifications, Settings/Groups, or Customizations.

#4) All Modules except for Networking/Network-Resources are not mapped as Node Servers are now the preferred plugins.

#5) X10  Condition (if) and Consequent values are raw unmapped values.

Screenshot_20210823-172806.png

Screenshot_20210823-174154.png

Javi

I know am late to the party.  Just loaded the IOS version on my iPhone.  What a great job you have done.  Loading a few favorites now.  It used to take me minutes using the dashboard on my iPad, to find a variable and a program so I could start my irrigation system manually. 

Thank you so much Javi and UDI for this application.  After I upgraded to version 5 a year ago and the opportunity to use node servers, I thought that was the cat's meow, but this app takes it up one more level. 

With the ISY moving to Polisy some time in the future, UDI in my opinion, is the only system I would recommend to anyone.

Thank you

On 8/23/2021 at 6:51 PM, Javi said:

Android Alpha 0.92 - 0.89

Sync required!

I updated my UD Mobile from .8x to .92 yesterday.  Opened and re-synced it. I started having issues immediately with all folders in the favorites area.  When trying to open folders in the favorites home page, the app will either disappear without notice or warning or throw an app crash message (Which I did respond on one of these through the email it offered).

But, there seems to be no problems going through the home side of the app and drilling down to any device or program.  

Occasionally, I think after having the up up and running for a while (several minutes?), I will be able to open a favorites folder.  But even then I have seen strange behavior such as no indicator circles on devices unless I open up the device menu and close it, then the indicator will appear. 

But every time I open the app and try to use a folder in favorites right away, it crashes. 

LMK if you need anything.   My phone is a Motorola X4 (Android version 9) and I am using the ISY portal and local Wifi. 

I have tried re-syncing and restoring from backup (re-syncing again) with no change in the problem.

Edit: I created a new folder in favorites and even with nothing in it, it crashed also when opening it.

32 minutes ago, LFMc said:

I updated my UD Mobile from .8x to .92 yesterday.  Opened and re-synced it. I started having issues immediately with all folders in the favorites area.  When trying to open folders in the favorites home page, the app will either disappear without notice or warning or throw an app crash message (Which I did respond on one of these through the email it offered).

But, there seems to be no problems going through the home side of the app and drilling down to any device or program.  

Occasionally, I think after having the up up and running for a while (several minutes?), I will be able to open a favorites folder.  But even then I have seen strange behavior such as no indicator circles on devices unless I open up the device menu and close it, then the indicator will appear. 

But every time I open the app and try to use a folder in favorites right away, it crashes. 

LMK if you need anything.   My phone is a Motorola X4 (Android version 9) and I am using the ISY portal and local Wifi. 

I have tried re-syncing and restoring from backup (re-syncing again) with no change in the problem.

Edit: I created a new folder in favorites and even with nothing in it, it crashed also when opening it.

Thanks, found a missing check for folders without a status node.  I'll push an Alpha fix in the next few hours.

Android Alpha 0.93

Fixed Program Editor crash with invalid UOM. Fixed Favorites Folder crash when no status node specified.

Unfinished items in this release:

Added Polyglot Cloud NodeServer Store (installs not functional). Added details for installed Cloud NodeServers (start/stop/delete and additional information not functional).

Screenshot_20210826-092515.png

Screenshot_20210826-092453.png

30 minutes ago, Javi said:

Android Alpha 0.93

Fixed Program Editor crash with invalid UOM. Fixed Favorites Folder crash when no status node specified.

Works great!!  Thanks for the quick response!  Great product.

• 2 weeks later...

iOS Beta (Open Testing) 0.4.1 - 0.4.2

Note: 0.4.1 should be live sometime today or tomorrow, however there are a few issues which were discovered in internal testing after app was submitted to App Store.  These issue have been fixed in 0.4.2 which will be submitted after review of 0.4.1 is completed.

Favorites are now a tiled grid. Favorites should now be much faster on initial load, on a good connection load times should be about 2 seconds local and  5-7 remote.  Added custom favorites database observer (speed improvements), crated new favorites, node, and nodeStatus object builders from cursor.  Added new favorites folder move-to-folder picker and Edit-type picker.

Fixed Favorites tile width on screen rotation, fixes both width and number of items per row.  Fixed Favorites move-to-folder and edit-type dialog image clicks. Fixed release notes for 0.4.1 showing as duplicate 0.4.0.

Archived