Help needed connecting to and likely replacing ISY994i

iowaj

Hi,  

I posted here in October that we had been gone for a month and a half and I could only get Admin Console to come up in safe mode.  It was suggested after trying a few things, including replacing the PLM that likely the ISY-994i Controller needed to be replaced.  At the same time, I was limping along with an old MacBook Pro.  I have finally replaced the laptop with a new MacBook Pro and had hoped today to try again. 

First, I cannot get access now to the Admin Console. I tried these instructions given in another post: 

Instructions:

1. Clear your Java Cache
2. Go to https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp
3. Click  on the desired ISY row and, from the menu, choose the Admin Console or the Dashboard

This brings up the blue UD symbol on my screen, but then nothing happens.  No desired ISY row to click.  Just goes back to my home screen. 

I figured once I got Admin Console access, I'd see if it was still in safe mode and then move on to getting help with replacing the ISY994i controller.  I know when I upgraded to that before I was able to schedule an appointment with someone who kindly walked me through the steps.  I'm pretty new at all of this and not too tech (inherited the system with house purchase) so really appreciated the help.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to access the Admin Console and then move forward with help?

Much appreciated!

1 hour ago, iowaj said:

Hi,  

I posted here in October that we had been gone for a month and a half and I could only get Admin Console to come up in safe mode.  It was suggested after trying a few things, including replacing the PLM that likely the ISY-994i Controller needed to be replaced.  At the same time, I was limping along with an old MacBook Pro.  I have finally replaced the laptop with a new MacBook Pro and had hoped today to try again. 

First, I cannot get access now to the Admin Console. I tried these instructions given in another post: 

Instructions:

1. Clear your Java Cache
2. Go to https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp
3. Click  on the desired ISY row and, from the menu, choose the Admin Console or the Dashboard

This brings up the blue UD symbol on my screen, but then nothing happens.  No desired ISY row to click.  Just goes back to my home screen. 

I figured once I got Admin Console access, I'd see if it was still in safe mode and then move on to getting help with replacing the ISY994i controller.  I know when I upgraded to that before I was able to schedule an appointment with someone who kindly walked me through the steps.  I'm pretty new at all of this and not too tech (inherited the system with house purchase) so really appreciated the help.

Can anyone tell me what I can do to access the Admin Console and then move forward with help?

Much appreciated!

Take a look at the troubleshooting steps in the link below using a Mac.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Troubleshooting_Help

When you get in, if you are still in safe mode you will probably need to replace your plm. The instructions are below.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:File_Menu#Replace_Modem_.28PLM.29

53 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Take a look at the troubleshooting steps in the link below using a Mac.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Troubleshooting_Help

When you get in, if you are still in safe mode you will probably need to replace your plm. The instructions are below.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:File_Menu#Replace_Modem_.28PLM.29

Thanks.  I had already been through those troubleshooting steps with no success. And back in October it was suggested I replace the PLM.  I did but was still in safe mode so next step was going to be new controller. My old computer was so slow so decided to upgrade before taking next steps.  Still no success accessing the admin console though.

I went back through troubleshooting steps to see if I had missed something but haven't found anything.  On my old Macbook Pro I had an icon on the desktop labeled ISY994i.jnlp that I used to access the Admin Console.  I've tried that one, too.  The Universal Devices logo pops up midscreen, but then nothing.  I have cleared Java cache, etc.  I really need to get back into the lighting system as we now have some wacky things going on with it I need to fix. Any help appreciated!

6 minutes ago, iowaj said:

I went back through troubleshooting steps to see if I had missed something but haven't found anything.  On my old Macbook Pro I had an icon on the desktop labeled ISY994i.jnlp that I used to access the Admin Console.  I've tried that one, too.  The Universal Devices logo pops up midscreen, but then nothing.  I have cleared Java cache, etc.  I really need to get back into the lighting system as we now have some wacky things going on with it I need to fix. Any help appreciated!

You may want to open a ticket with UDI. They will help you. Here's the link to open a ticket.

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

4 hours ago, iowaj said:

Are you using the ISY Launcher? Which firmware version are you on?

When using the Launcher, there is a different version depending on your firmware version. There is also a different version for some mac users. You need to read the instructions carefully on the firmware version upgrade page. This sounds like a firewall issue to me.

I don't think booting in safe mode means replacing the ISY controller. I think it reflects are problem with the plm. By chance, did you do a delete modem?

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps:

Admin Console Closes Automatically

This is usually related to firewall software on your computer and especially with AVAST or AVG (including MAC). Two solutions:

Admin Console Minimized/Invisible and Cannot be Restored

This is usually related Admin Console state files not being updated properly and especially in case of multi monitors. All you need to do is to find the following files in Java temp directory (on Windows: c:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp) and delete them. Or, you can simply search the computer for udi_*.* file patterns:

• udi_tree.state
  • udi_frame.state
  • udi_pgm.state
  • udi_finder.state
  • udi_launcher.state

Archived