Insteon Device State Stuck

dpfrez

I have a number of insteon switches in our home and occasionally the devices will stop responding to an ISY program command such as a program that turns the lights on at sunset.  When I log in to the management console of the ISY device, it shows an incorrect status.  Manually initiating a query updates the status and seems to bring it back in response to the program.

I further tested this with stuck devices by initiating the on command by triggering the IF statement in the ISY program.  It will not respond.  I thought if I programmed a query into the program ahead of the on it would clean up the status and keep this from happening but it did not.

So, there is clearly something different about how the ISY program initiates a query and how the ISY admin console (via a right click / query) initiates a query.

Does anyone here know what the difference is or what else I can try to get the devices out of this stuck state?

PS - after further testing it appears a fast on responds in this stuck state but an on does not.

Archived