Introducing INSTEON's New Dual-Band Lamplinc Module

AnthemAVM

The dual band lamplinc is on the SH website along with this little beauty

http://www.smarthome.com/2413S/PowerLinc-INSTEON-Serial-Interface-Dual-Band/p.aspx

Does this mean no more access point plugged into the PLM!!

and and outdoor appliance module,

http://www.smarthome.com/2456S3E/ApplianceLinc-INSTEON-Outdoor-Plug-In-On-Off-Appliance-Module/p.aspx

Now if we could just get a fan control!

Looks like we now may have a PLM with Access Point Qualities.

Wounder what this will do with a ISY-99i?

Maybe we will not have to stack a Access Point on our PLM now.

The 2413U and 2413S data is in the FCC Web Type Acceptance Database.

Block diagrams. Internal and external photos also.

The dual band lamplinc is on the SH website along with this little beauty

http://www.smarthome.com/2413S/PowerLinc-INSTEON-Serial-Interface-Dual-Band/p.aspx

Does this mean no more access point plugged into the PLM!!

and and outdoor appliance module,

http://www.smarthome.com/2456S3E/ApplianceLinc-INSTEON-Outdoor-Plug-In-On-Off-Appliance-Module/p.aspx

Now if we could just get a fan control!

Interesting specs on the outdoor appliance modules:

Compatible Load Types: Standard appliances up to 15 Amps and incandescent lights up to 1800 watts

The indoor appliance modules are only rated to 450 watts incandescent. Maybe there's an upgrade in the works...

Thanks Brian,

I just hope they are not shipping them with ISY. We have recently had too many support calls with ISY not being able to communicate with the PLM (ISY shows PLM as disconnected).

I do have one of the 2413 here which works fine but I have never used the production unit and, frankly, I am now quite worried that we are going to see a lot more issues with the ISY/PLM communications.

With kind regards,

Michel

There was a post in the Smarthome Forums. One of the Administrators said they where using the new 2413S and an ISY99i. It was reported by them it was working OK.

Since they cost more. It maybe an option when they sell an ISY99i.

Like your unit. I would say they where also using a preproduction unit or final test on a production unit.

I was at one time an early adopter of new Insteon devices. Time has showed me to wait for a few months until the bugs are gone.

I was one of the SocketLinc Dimmer owners and did I learn a lesson on that one. :(

I just hope they are not shipping them with ISY. We have recently had too many support calls with ISY not being able to communicate with the PLM (ISY shows PLM as disconnected).

Depending on your feedback Michel, AARtech will either move to the new PLM when it ships in final production (mid December?) or offer both options so I'd love to have your feedback as we get closer to their launch date.

Kind regards,

Robert

Looks like we now may have a PLM with Access Point Qualities.

Wounder what this will do with a ISY-99i?

Maybe we will not have to stack a Access Point on our PLM now.

The 2413U and 2413S data is in the FCC Web Type Acceptance Database.

Block diagrams. Internal and external photos also.

According to SH's web site, it looks like the new 2413s plm will only support 1023 links whereas the current 2412s supports 2016 links, and thus this could be an issue on larger installations. Seems like a step backwards on SH's part.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see a reply to the original poster. Has anyone used the new LampLinc with an ISY? Do they work OK? I'm about to buy some LampLincs and ApplianceLincs, maybe it is worth waiting for the new ones.

Thanks.

Jeff

Got two of the new dual band lamplincs today, and while I have not plugged them in yet so cannot comment on their performance, man are they small. I would say the same size as the X10 lamp modules, a big (er..small) improvement if they work OK

found a problem though. The DB Lamplincs bright and Dim work under my lighting, but in a program you cannot call the brightness level only on or off. Obviously not a Lamplinc problem, but the ISY 2.7.7 appears not to support the function in program mode, as I mentioned under the Current Release section.

Archived