Blackbird

This program stopped running the then part

ALARM DISARMED Boba and Bathroom Window on -

If
        Elk Area 'Home' 'Armed State' is Disarmed

Then
        Set 'Scenes / Boba and Bathroom Window 7 to' On

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The Scene "Boba and Bathroom window 7 to

Bathroom Window light

Livingroom plug Bot

Livingroom Plug top

When I disarm my ELK alarm, the bathroom light turns on and 2 plug lights in the livingroom.  Has worked fine for a couple years.  Last few days when I disarm the alarm, those lights do not turn on.  Watching the ISY program when I disarm the ELK, the program turns green so it recognizes that the ELK is disarmed but does not run the "Then" part of the program.  If I right click on the program and click "Run Then" the lights turn on fine.

I cant figure out whats wrong.

Thanks

23 hours ago, Blackbird said:

I cant figure out whats wrong.

Have you tried disarming the alarm while the Admin Console is open and running the Event Viewer at level 3?  That will allow you to see if any insteon commands are sent out by the PLM when the alarm is disarmed.

Ok I found the problem and it is weird.  A couple days ago I unplugged my appliance module that I use to plug a small fridge into.  I have a program that when the elk keyfob is pressed to arm, then the fridge turns on and disarm turns it off.  This is a separate program from the lights.  I plugged the module back in and everything works fine.

I don't believe Insteon modules can handle motor loads very well, by poor design. I had a SynchroLinc on a dryer motor that died and I have had an OnOff module, on a humidifier motor,  send out Scene on signals when turned off. The OnOff module was reset after a year by simply power cycling it.

Further to that, Insteon discontinued the name "ApplianceLinc" and changed it to OnOff module.

13 hours ago, Blackbird said:

Ok I found the problem and it is weird.  A couple days ago I unplugged my appliance module that I use to plug a small fridge into.  I have a program that when the elk keyfob is pressed to arm, then the fridge turns on and disarm turns it off.  This is a separate program from the lights.  I plugged the module back in and everything works fine.

Insteon devices are dual band and can help each other with transmission via a mesh.

When I had just a few Insteon devices I sometimes had communication issues.  Now that every switch in the house, except for two garbage disposals and the attic light switch, is Insteon I really never have issues.

Archived