In 5.3 Scenes, what is the difference between Insteon, Command, Default, Ignore actions?

Oakland Jeff

In 5.3 Scenes, what is the difference between Insteon, Command, Default, Ignore actions?

My hope was that Default would trigger the base settings of the device (i.e. those ON settings of the device as it exists in the tree outside of the scene) so that I wouldn't have to reproduce them inside the scene specification. It doesn't seem to be working that way though. And when it does act like it is sort of working, it seems to take a LONG TIME to trigger the desired device changes.

Is the Default action just creating a longer execution path to what I used to specify directly in the scene settings? Is what I thought going to be an efficiency actually bogging down my device response time?

Anyway, I haven't been able to find a clear explanation for what the new Insteon, Command, Default, Ignore actions are in scenes, nor all of their follow-on parameters, nor the pros/cons of selecting any of them over the others. Any pointers/help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeff

Archived