Amazon Sidewalk.

tazman

It may depend on whether or not your actually have Sidewalk or Sidewalk-bridge capable devices. Not sure.

For Amazon Alexa app (Android) 2.2.407450.0 the Sidewalk options are in Settings > Account Settings > Amazon Sidewalk.

That appears to be the correct path.  Is that an older version of the iOS app or the Android app?   Asking because the center icon at the bottom changed a few versions ago on iOS, you may need to update your app...

amazon.thumb.jpg.13e6b16f6626c159f8a327e8e765bb26.jpg

This is on iOS 12.4.1 haven’t updated to the latest 14.XX. This may be why there is no update version for me to download and install.
2 minutes ago, Teken said:

This is on iOS 12.4.1 haven’t updated to the latest 14.XX. This may be why there is no update version for me to download and install. emoji2357.pngemoji1787.png

Which creates a new question... if your app is too old to display the sidewalk switch is it on by default even tho you can't see it, or if you can't see it does your account just not have it?  

Also not all devices are capable of creating the 900Mhz mesh network.  I have 9 echo devices but only 1 is new enough (Echo Version 3) to participate in sidewalk.  Presumably the others don't have the 900Mhz radio for it...

1 hour ago, MrBill said:

Which creates a new question... if your app is too old to display the sidewalk switch is it on by default even tho you can't see it, or if you can't see it does your account just not have it?  

Also not all devices are capable of creating the 900Mhz mesh network.  I have 9 echo devices but only 1 is new enough (Echo Version 3) to participate in sidewalk.  Presumably the others don't have the 900Mhz radio for it...

That's a really good question so guess will find out at some point?? ? I believe my Echo / Dots are first and second generation?!? ?

14 hours ago, Teken said:

That's a really good question so guess will find out at some point?? ? I believe my Echo / Dots are first and second generation?!? ?

According to this page from Amazon these are the current list of compatible devices:

A comprehensive list of Sidewalk devices includes: Ring Floodlight Cam (2019), Ring Spotlight Cam Wired (2019), Ring Spotlight Cam Mount (2019), Echo (3rd gen and newer), Echo Dot (3rd gen and newer), Echo Dot for Kids (3rd gen and newer), Echo Dot with Clock (3rd gen and newer), Echo Plus (all generations), Echo Show (2nd gen), Echo Show 5, 8, 10 (all generations), Echo Spot, Echo Studio, Echo Input, Echo Flex.

According to this page from Amazon these are the current list of compatible devices:
A comprehensive list of Sidewalk devices includes: Ring Floodlight Cam (2019), Ring Spotlight Cam Wired (2019), Ring Spotlight Cam Mount (2019), Echo (3rd gen and newer), Echo Dot (3rd gen and newer), Echo Dot for Kids (3rd gen and newer), Echo Dot with Clock (3rd gen and newer), Echo Plus (all generations), Echo Show (2nd gen), Echo Show 5, 8, 10 (all generations), Echo Spot, Echo Studio, Echo Input, Echo Flex.

It appears based on this list I have nothing to worry about! You’re awesome and you know it!

As always I thank you!

Well the third generation Dots are mostly unintelligible, with their mutated bass boost on a 1.5 inch woofer, and the 8" Show is starting to invade my space with advertising so this might make it easier to dump Amazon completely.

Trouble is, now where do I go? the big advertising spy company, Google? They could get good money for my sexual habits recordings! default_smile.png:)

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Archived