Moving Node Servers from Pi to Polisy

LarryCRetired

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to go about moving my node servers from a Pi to Polisy.  I am running Polyglot 2.2.3 that does not have a backup button.  

I have a Tag and an OpenWeatherMap node server running on a Pi.  I bought a Polisy this morning and began thinking about the 60 or so ISY programs that access these nodes.  I wanted to add the Notification Node Server but my installation was too old.  

If I shut down the Pi, delete the node servers from the ISY but remembering which slot they are in, and then add them to the Polisy, will my ISY programs which use the node values stay intact.  

I suspect not but hopefully I will be surprised by someone else that has gone through this. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance or thoughts 

A note:  if I would have known what I know today, I would not have gone down the Pi route.  It has worked fine for me this past year but if you don't keep up with Pi and Polyglot updates, you get in the position I am in.  A big thank you to Jimbo who held my hand this weekend as I tried to upgrade to Polyglot 2.2.11.  Needless to say my installation was just to far out of date.  

Some luck was with me although in that the 20% off coupon for the Polisy is still available until June 25. 

As @MrBillpointed out, the upgrade wont work so disregard what I said. Since you wont be able to upgrade, you will probably have to start over. I would recommend copying your programs to ensure you can put them back again the way they are supposed to be. The good thing is, the changed programs will show up in yellow which will make finding them again much easier.

3 hours ago, LarryCRetired said:

If I shut down the Pi, delete the node servers from the ISY but remembering which slot they are in, and then add them to the Polisy, will my ISY programs which use the node values stay intact. 

It's been awhile since I did this but I believe what you propose DOES work. Select and copy the configuration table for each of my Nodeservers and paste into a document. Sometimes I have to manually add something that doesn't copy but I have found that there's always something I forget if I do it from memory.

Let us know how it goes!

Everyone thanks for your tips and advice. I copied my programs to excel and that will help me remember if things go south.  But excited about getting my Polisy in a couple of days.  Will post how things good. Could be useful for someone else.

thanks again

11 hours ago, LarryCRetired said:

asbrill.  You and two others, Mr Bill and Jimbo, convinced me that was the way to go.  Hopefully I will get it tomorrow 

Depending your tech level (mine is low) you may need some help with the setup. You can find that assistance here, but UDI also has superb customer support.

15 minutes ago, TJF1960 said:

Question for @MrBill and @lilyoyo, I am running Poly on rpi4 version 2.2.10 and this version does have backup and restore. Do you think this version of a backup will be compatible with Polisy? If so couldn't the op upgrade to this version?

Your backup should work.   OP had issues upgrading, his issue is resolved, I've been helping him directly.

Thought I would let people know my experience.  I finally ended up buying a Polisy.  After a lot of help from @MrBill and the UDI staff, I was able to update my Pi to Polyglot version 2.2.11 and create a backup.  After some issues with Polisy and Polyglot which Michel came to the rescue, I was able to get the backup restored on Polisy.  Everything working perfectly.  

Fortunately I did not have to rebuild my Tag node server and was able to load Jimbo's notification node server.  This all started when vtext was delaying my text messages for as much as three days.  Mr Bill pointed me to the Notification node server and if anyone has problems with their text messages, this node server with PushOver is best thing  since sliced bread. 

Appreciate everyone's hints and help.  In a way looking back, I am glad I had the problem with vtext and my Pi.  I now feel like I am ready for the future. 

Archived