"Sorry the hub ... is connected to is not responding, please check the network connection..."

SGoldband

I am getting this response from the echo most of the time I ask for an ISY action (eg. light, scene). The exception seems to be shortly after I reboot the ISY. 

Surprisingly, often after I get this error message, the action I asked for is performed with a delay of 30-90 seconds.

Secondly, I cannot get any Polyglot cloud connections to work. Climacell had been working for some time, and now nothing. No node servers show in the portal,

and all the fields in the admin console are just blank.

I dont know if these 2 have a common cause. Actions so far: rebuilt my network with ISY outside any firewall. Changed the ISY SD card to a new and 8GB card, which caused a new install/upgrade to 5.3.3/restore previous state. None of these affected the problems above.

Sorry, but ISY support has gone dark on this. Any help would be much appreciated

I am only superficially aware of how all this works together.  I am not familiar with many of the details.  

I would try restarting the node server.  After that...

Open alexa app, see if errors message with individual devices or indication of problems with the ISY skill

@SGoldband odd that UD support has "gone dark" they're usually very supportive for all tickets. 

I can't offer much help with the PGC side as I've just started using them myself, but know they've been a little temperamental to use since a few weeks ago they seemed to have lots of problems. I thought I saw those problems were resolved, but as part of it some cloud nodeservers were removed. Look for a post from @Michel Kohanim elsewhere in the forums about that maybe 2 weeks ago now.

On the Alexa side try logging into the Alexa web page (https://alexa.amazon.com/) to see that you have devices in the smarthome list to see if the UD skill is properly connected and getting information from ISY Portal. 

Then be sure to go back to the ISY portal and check that the license is still active: Tools -> Information -> ISY Portal Access License

image.png.3101eb52475a08fdbecbdb6914071bee.png

Finally, even if everything appears to be correct I would say go back to the Alexa site and go to Smarthome -> Devices and remove the ISY devices. If you have lots I would "remove all". 

image.png.8eaf0e0af1f94e7995eb5e63b64c51a5.png

Open the app on a mobile device (do you usually use phone or tablet?) and disable the ISY skill.

CLOSE/kill/stop the Alexa app - just for the sake of killing/stopping the app

reopen the Alexa app

Enable the "ISY Optimized for Smart Home V3" skill.

Link your ISY Portal account.

Tell Alexa to discover devices and let it run to completion. It should tell you how many devices it found.

Go back to the Alexa website and make sure it's added back the ISY items. Then try to use them through voice commands to Alexa/Echo.

If still having issues make sure you're emailing UD Support (support@universal-devices.com) or using the ticket system on their site. 

The PGC issue might be lingering effects of the issues they had a while back. Support from UD is the best way to get those issues looked into.

Good luck! Post back any updates.

Archived