Alexa - no longer control scene

slimypizza

Looking for a little help.  A simple scene to turn on/off the kitchen light no longer works when speaking to Alexa.  It’s a scene consisting of a 3-way switch arrangement.  Worked fine for a couple of years but now Alexa says “Kitchen doesn’t support that” when we say “Alexa turn on the kitchen light”.  Same thing if trying to verbally turn it off.  I can control the light just fine from the ISY admin console page or manually.  I have removed and the added the scene/device from alexa.amazon.com.  This happened out of the blue.  No updates or additions to the network.

Any ideas or advice on how to restore this functionality – the ability to control the kitchen light via spoken command?

Thanks.

I fixed it.  Strange.  I had to go in to Alexa.amazon, Smart Home, Groups, Kitchen Group and then scroll down to "Scenes in this Group" and check "kitchen light".  For some reason it was unchecked.  Doing so and Saving, allowed me to once again turn the light on and off via verbal command.  I've no idea why/how this was changed.  

On 7/23/2021 at 4:00 PM, slimypizza said:

"...I had to go in to Alexa.amazon, Smart Home, Groups, Kitchen Group and then scroll down to "Scenes in this Group" and check "kitchen light".  For some reason it was unchecked.  Doing so and Saving, allowed me to once again turn the light on and off via verbal command..."

Thank you Slimy!!! I had this exact same problem with a bedroom light scene and this fixed the issue!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived