Cao Tag Manager Problem

smokegrub

I have two tag managers located in homes approximately 325 miles apart and with two separate ISPs. Both tag managers have worked flawlessly until recently when the ISP at one location had problems and sent an email of apology stating that users would probably need to power down and restart some devices. It was during that timeframe that the tag manager at that location stopped displaying its tags in the app. I have since travelled to that location and done everything I know how to do (powered down the router and tag manager, rebooted the router, disconnected the tag manager from the router and reconnected the tag manager). The lights on the tag manager all appear normal but the tags do not appear in the app. I am considering re-adding the tag manager to the app but before doing so I thought it wise to seek your sage advice. It appears that a logical next step would be Settings>Account>Add a New Tag Manager>Useful when replacing a defective tag manager with a new one, without having to re-associate each tag. The subject tag manager is not new but I am assuming the app would treat it as new. Thoughts?

I had an instance a few weeks ago where the app hung. After rebooting the tag manager and restarting my kumoapps I just gave up and left it alone. A few hours later it came back by itself. I figured that was all just the servers but the power cycle may have set the stage for things to resume, also.

The tag manager can seem to take half an hour to get back up to speed at times.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

This has happenned a few times in my Tag lifetimes now. When it happens I usually attempt to view the kumoapp webpage, and then my kumoapp code.  If either is not running properly, or will not serve the code to me, I know the CAO Tag server is down.

In this case, waiting for the server is usually the only course of action.

Fortunately, this is the only time I have experienced this failure. Given the distance to this residence from my primary the fact that it occurred alarms me a bit. However, re-entering the serial number of the tag manager should work from any location, if needed. I hope!

Thanks again!

Archived